Data sources for program music | Golden Skate

Data sources for program music

psychotropek

Rinkside
Say I want to know every skater who has had a program to Leonard Cohen's (or any cover) "Hallelujah" done at a senior level, including EX. How would I find out?
I am curious if there's a single web source or database for queries like that, I haven't been able to find one online. For now I've just been combing wikipedia for the skaters I know and running a text search.
Thanks for hearing my music nerdiness out.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Say I want to know every skater who has had a program to Leonard Cohen's (or any cover) "Hallelujah" done at a senior level, including EX. How would I find out?
I am curious if there's a single web source or database for queries like that, I haven't been able to find one online. For now I've just been combing wikipedia for the skaters I know and running a text search.
Thanks for hearing my music nerdiness out.
Nope. Sorry.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
AFAIK, there is no one database for program music.

The best you might be able to find is the “FS Wikia” page, which has a kind of list of who skated a particular piece of music. But for every skater, even just at the senior level, it’d be near impossible. You’d have to go through pages and pages of and search countless results and watch hours of videos.

If you truly want every skater at the senior level (not just international competitions, but domestic ones as well), you might be able to do it for one season, and even then it’d still require tons of work looking through all sorts of domestic events, many of which will be in foreign languages.

It’s possible, but it would be an extremely long and complex process. Even then, you probably wouldn’t have a full answer to your question.

psychotropek

Rinkside
AFAIK, there is no one database for program music.

The best you might be able to find is the “FS Wikia” page, which has a kind of list of who skated a particular piece of music. But for every skater, even just at the senior level, it’d be near impossible. You’d have to go through pages and pages of and search countless results and watch hours of videos.

If you truly want every skater at the senior level (not just international competitions, but domestic ones as well), you might be able to do it for one season, and even then it’d still require tons of work looking through all sorts of domestic events, many of which will be in foreign languages.

It’s possible, but it would be an extremely long and complex process. Even then, you probably wouldn’t have a full answer to your question.
Thank you so much! I've been looking for a programming project for fun, and I didn't want to do something there was already a resource for. Maybe I can start it with a little tool for programs done at ISU Senior World Championships and see if I can make anything fun or useful.