Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars! | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Davis and White competing on Dancing With the Stars!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am actually sad Drew is probably leaving. Other than maybe Nene he is definitely the weakest dancer left, but he is also one of the most fun :cry:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I so wish Nene was eliminated rather than Drew. He seemed to be having such fun.

That costume Nene was wearing tonight looked like Dale Evans rolled in yellow mustard :eek:

caitie

Medalist
:eek: at Maks's meltdown! Meryl Davis needs to go get her masters in psychology and become a therapist!

I thought Meryl did great, but I thought Charlie was awesome too and IMO he was underscore! He should have had at least a couple 10s, like seriously at least the LMFAO guy could have thrown him one. I swear the producers just give the judges their scores, sigh.

Amy also great! My second favorite of the night I think!

Very cute dance!

EDIT: And I agree...I'll be sad if Drew leaves... :( He's very likable....and I think Witney would've been a better partner for him. Their dance together was my fav. of his, tbh.

Doris So true!!! hahaha

I feel like Drew has been a great sport! I'll be sad to not see him next week. There are other people I would've been okay with leaving before him. Oh well

I hope next week is more exciting... This week was good, but not as like fun and explosive overall for every dancer this week

PlaysInTheDirt

On the Ice
Snowflake, sorry you're unwell and glad you're with your mom. Feel better!!

I do NOT get some of these scores tonight. And the guest judges are amusing but they skew the numbers. 9 for Drew? Really? Redfoo: "I don't care about the technical stuff." I'll say!

Meryl: "We can pep talk each other." She is ADORABLE!! I am SO glad she said she was disappointed and surprised by the four 9's last week, given the comments they received. Many of us said the same thing. It was a very diplomatic way of calling to the judge's attention what they're doing.

LMAO at Len's moves - let's get ridiculous, indeed.

Charlie and Sharna were amazing. Sharna did a great job with working on his hip action as well as with the choreography. I thought his 9's were appropriate, the only problem is, they seem too low given the 9's some of the others received.

:eek: at Maks's meltdown! Meryl Davis needs to go get her masters in psychology and become a therapist!

I thought Meryl did great, but I thought Charlie was awesome too and IMO he was underscore! He should have had at least a couple 10s, like seriously at least the LMFAO guy could have thrown him one. I swear the producers just give the judges their scores, sigh.

Totally agree with all of this! If Drew got a 9 and Amy got a couple of 10s, Charlie deserved at least one. I think he's going to need another emotional contemporary dance or a paso doble/Argentine tango to get back on track.

Meryl and Maks have been great together (even though I wish they'd back off on the showmance and let their great dancing speak for itself), but I feel like she would be operating on a whole different level if she was working with Val full-time.

uncchristine99

Rinkside
I thought Meryl and Maks killed it! Well deserved perfect score... the rehearsal dynamic was unbelievable. That was so great how Maks said that no one had ever offered to hold his hand before. Go Meryl! She and Charlie are always so dedicated to each other and to the work--it's been amazing to see Meryl lay that on Maks this whole season. I think he is literally a fish out of water dancing with her.

Charlie and Sharna were great too--there was definitely more hip action but keep working on it, Charlie! It looked pretty good in rehearsal but I think he was on/off with it during the actual performance.

Will be interesting to see them both for next week's Latin night. I'm still annoyed that Meryl and Maks' samba came during Disney week and then they had to tango during Party Anthem week. Really? Who runs this place?!

I also really enjoyed Amy and Derek tonight--so creative yet true to the steps. Excellent excellent!

I'd also like to say a small word of appreciation for Nene--she was all smiles and applause in the skybox. She had some serious stank faces in previous weeks so it was nice to see her relax and enjoy it. I actually think she's really funny and dynamic with Tony so I'd like to see her continue but only if her demeanor and attitude stays like it was tonight.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Feel better soon, snowflake!

Ok but not outstanding night. Meryl and Maks the clear winner of the evening for me. Missed some of Amy's - will have to catch it on the tube tomorrow.

Meryl and Maks--what a tango. Meryl becomes a different person in dances like this. You don't look at that fierce creature and imagine that she has a little-girl trill of a voice. She's such a wonderful muse for Maks.

Derek and Amy were astounding. Look at all the quick movements Amy had to do, and quite a few of them were executed away from Derek's hold, so her balancing was entirely up to her. I was amused but not surprised to hear Amy say that though this dance was obviously challenging, it was easier for her than the waltz last week. As I suspected, the demands this week dealt with balance and quickness of movement, and those Amy has mastered for her sport. Last week what she needed was ankle flexibility and foot movement from "high heel position" to flat on the ground. That she can't do, at least not with the technology of prosthetics as they are today. So her tasks this week were things she could master (whether easily or with a lot of work). And her extra confidence showed in the way she executed the dance.

ShootAnonymous

Rinkside
Echoing everyone's love of Candance's dress+shoes. So pretty~ I think it's my favourite outfit so far this season from any of female pro/star. Really accentuated her leg movements too.

I quite liked Danica's dance..? maybe I was blinded by her legs/abs. >_>

Meryl & Maks: WOW. I loved the performance, wanted moreeee~ it felt too short! >.< It was SO good. Especially liked the opener and the entry into the dance and the part where Meryl pauses to give a kick. Great fit with the music too~ Am totally rewatching it. Meryl is such a beautiful creature. She gives such great face~

Charlie & Sharna: Funky and fun~ It wasn't as wow as M&M, but a really good performance nonetheless. (IMO they should've done the opening tutting portion with help from 1~2 backup-dancers. Would've looked better with more hands) Sharna's eye makeup was really pretty *A*

Amy is amazing. Simply amazing.

Sad for Drew's elimination but eh was inevitable =/

belladashwood

Rinkside
FYI: Teams have been revealed for the team dances, and it's Team Meryl vs Team Charlie.

Team Meryl: Meryl & Maks, Danica & Val, Amy & Derek, and Candace & Mark

Team Charlie: Charlie & Sharna, James & Peta, NeNe & Tony

It looks like Team Meryl is gonna kill it!!!

KKonas

Medalist
Finally, some technical difficulty in Maks' choreo. Well deserved 10s for Meryl/Maks. Charlie's hip action is very much improved and that was a real cha-cha - lots of fun - underscored. He should have had at least one 10, especially considering the 9s others received who are no where near Charlie's technical level. Sharna does great choreo.

noskates

Record Breaker
I think Charlie was underscored tonite. His footwork was amazing and the choreography was excellent. I think the show is playing up Maks and Meryl because of the "supposed romance" that's budding between the two of them. It makes for better television than Charlie with Tanith in the crowd. This show is so contrived!!!

belladashwood

Rinkside
I think Charlie was underscored tonite. His footwork was amazing and the choreography was excellent. I think the show is playing up Maks and Meryl because of the "supposed romance" that's budding between the two of them. It makes for better television than Charlie with Tanith in the crowd. This show is so contrived!!!

Charlie wasn't gonna get 10's last night simply due to the music he was given, just like how Meryl got hosed by the producers for her Samba music & didn't get 10's from the judges either. Also, there was one thing that Charlie could have improved on again was being on the balls of his feet more so that he can get better hip action, I really wish Sharna would've had him in cuban heels.