"Deal with it, South Korea: Adelina Sotnikova beat Yuna Kim fair and square" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

"Deal with it, South Korea: Adelina Sotnikova beat Yuna Kim fair and square"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliasochi

Match Penalty
I found it is quite amusing that Russian fan boys have to rely on a jerk like this guy's 'expertise' to boost their argument. When people get desperate, they are truly desperate.

usethis2

Medalist
"Deal with it"

I have a feeling that phrase will be directed to the other side in next Olympics.

That's what bothers me most. I am not invested in changing medal colors for this event. But I think the rules should be changed for the better so that our skaters should perform with confidence, knowing that their performances will be judged fairly.

whatif

Medalist
Ok, was this in practice/warm-up then?

DID you watch the competition. That was the only mistake she had in otherwise superior to everyone else skate. And that's the only evidence her haters have for their arguments at this stage.

tokugawaice

Rinkside
DID you watch the competition. That was the only mistake she had in otherwise superior to everyone else skate. And that's the only evidence her haters have for their arguments at this stage.

O ok I was confused for a moment, I was re-watching her European performance and for a second though this was her 3-3 combo, but I realized this is just the last 2 jumps of her 3-2-2 combo at sochi

usethis2

Medalist
And how is that?

I don't know? Maybe some of you here will perceive injustice in judging in 2018. Would you be happy in that circumstances to hear "Deal with it?" directed to yourselves?

It seems like some peolpe take this opaque and manipulative judging for granted and for nature of the sport. Then the history is bound to repeat. I am not nearly as nihilistic in my attitude towards the Olympic games.

Beure

Rinkside
I don't know? Maybe some of you here will perceive injustice in judging in 2018. Would you be happy in that circumstances to hear "Deal with it?" directed to yourselves?

It seems like some peolpe take this opaque and manipulative judging for granted and for nature of the sport. Then the history is bound to repeat. I am not nearly has nihilistic in my attitude towards the Olympic games.

I have been following the sport for a good while. I've seen what I consider to be suspect judging in the past. I dealt with it then and I'm sure I'll cope again if it happens in the future. People are entitled to their views and everyone naturally wants to have their opinions validated especially if they're passionate. So yes an article saying "deal with it" will not elicit a positive response or gain much traction with them. But aside from that in the abstract I don't disagree with the main points raised in his article.

Status
Not open for further replies.