Do Risport and Matrix work together? | Golden Skate

Do Risport and Matrix work together?

Timonerr_

Rinkside
Hi!

I have seen lately that a lot of people comment that some brand of boots don’t work with some brands of blades. So my question is if the Risports work well with matrix?, I know that it works well with JW since they are partnered up or something since in the Risport catalogue JW and MK appears. Can someone give me feedback please? Has anyone had troubles with them?

Thank you in advance!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi!

I have seen lately that a lot of people comment that some brand of boots don’t work with some brands of blades. So my question is if the Risports work well with matrix?, I know that it works well with JW since they are partnered up or something since in the Risport catalogue JW and MK appears. Can someone give me feedback please? Has anyone had troubles with them?

Thank you in advance!
Yes, I used to wear them as an elite for awhile. Risport Royal Prime and Matrix Supreme. The more important thing is having a tech who has the jig and knows how to properly sharpen them.

Timonerr_

Rinkside
Yes, I used to wear them as an elite for awhile. Risport Royal Prime and Matrix Supreme. The more important thing is having a tech who has the jig and knows how to properly sharpen them.
Yes! That’s no problem, basically 80% of the girls at my rink are wearing matrix, and my current ones which is matrix legacy has been sharpened perfectly, in here we sharpen by machine, which the guy configures for each blade. Also can I ask if for the differences of the three high level matrix? Between matrix supreme, freestyle or elite?

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes! That’s no problem, basically 80% of the girls at my rink are wearing matrix, and my current ones which is matrix legacy has been sharpened perfectly, in here we sharpen by machine, which the guy configures for each blade. Also can I ask if for the differences of the three high level matrix? Between matrix supreme, freestyle or elite?
What is your current skill level?

Timonerr_

Rinkside
What is your current skill level?
I don’t need them at the moment, I just want to know the differences between the three of them, I am fine with the one I have, but thinking of the next blades I will buy, or If it’s worth it since I have to spend money already for the new boots and blades, and for 100€ more I can have a better blade similar to gold seals

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don’t need them at the moment, I just want to know the differences between the three of them, I am fine with the one I have, but thinking of the next blades I will buy, or If it’s worth it since I have to spend money already for the new boots and blades, and for 100€ more I can have a better blade similar to gold seals
I can't sit here right now and lay out every single blade that is being asked about (sorry not trying to be rude, I just don't have the time right now as it's Nationals part of the season). And I'm going to flat out tell you up front that a gold seal is always going to be better than a matrix anything. I didn't stay in my matrix long and went back to my Pattern 99s. And if you don't need anything that high right now just don't even consider gold seal b/c you won't need them anytime soon. Stay with MK Pro or JW Coronation Ace (traditional style).

Timonerr_

Rinkside
I can't sit here right now and lay out every single blade that is being asked about (sorry not trying to be rude, I just don't have the time right now as it's Nationals part of the season). And I'm going to flat out tell you up front that a gold seal is always going to be better than a matrix anything. I didn't stay in my matrix long and went back to my Pattern 99s. And if you don't need anything that high right now just don't even consider gold seal b/c you won't need them anytime soon. Stay with MK Pro or JW Coronation Ace (traditional style).
Yes no worries, good luck 👍🏻

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
@tstop4me Could you help this poster please? :)
Sorry, I'm not the right person to provide a detailed comparison of the Matrix advanced blades. At one time, I took a close look only at the Matrix Legacy and Matrix Supreme, because I was interested in stainless-steel alternatives to the Wilson Coronation Ace and Wilson Gold Seal. There were several aspects of the Matrix models that I didn't like; so I dropped them from consideration, and went with models from other manufacturers.

The Jackson Ultima website provides details on the pick configuration and the main rocker radius of the Matrix blades. At one time, it also listed the Wilson and MK blades that the Matrix blades were "comparable" or "equivalent" to [the current website no longer does, but some online retailer websites still do.] But these are marketing terms. In reality, there are key technical differences (in particular, spin rocker profile). Some of the differences may be significant to some skaters, and not to others.