Do the Boards have magnets? | Golden Skate

Do the Boards have magnets?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
'Cause every time I go backwards, I get sucked into them.:laugh:

Seriously though, I do seem to have the problem of turning around and heading tword the boards. I can still turn, but it as though I am in the middle of the rink and I can tell you which side I am acatuly closer to because it will pull me to that side. I am sure this is mental, but I am having issue romantically trying to skate along - the next thing you know her eyes are saying, "ah, Sean, are we going to crash?"

Any help will be appreciated, feel free to be sarcastic (like I need to say that:p ) - it can't be any worse then catching an edge on them with someone holding on to your shoulders. I think we all know who "eats ice" then.

Last edited:

Alsace

On the Ice
My guess would be that one leg is just dominant and is the only one gliding. Does gliding on the other foot feel strange, like you're going to fall? (Tee hee about the romantic part! My hubby is not even brave enough to skate backwards and when I do, while facing him and holding his hands, he slips and falls!)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That really could be an issue, didn't think of that. Seems like I am always favoring my right just when standing. ? Thanks!