Which skaters would you have liked to have seen at the Olympics? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which skaters would you have liked to have seen at the Olympics?

lesnar001

Record Breaker
What do you mean? I think the poster is nothing but polite in their OP. :scratch2: And perhaps I'm missing something, but I have no idea how Liza got suddenly dragged into this conversation.
That part of the post was deleted by the OP. My complaint had nothing to do with Liza T.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would have loved for little known skater Nam Nguyen t have had their oly moment. And I love the beautiful skating of Satoko and that was missed. Also, I am fine without bradie though she did carry us skating until Liu emerged. I do miss the old Gracie and GAbby Daleman and I would have loved to have seen them in Beijing though not a shadow of themselves - Gabby wasn't all that far away from making it - which says how weak Canada' women are - though Madi is a bright light. I do feel for Spain k/h Unlucky two talented tams but now they could be on the verge of 3 days with RUssia's "demise" and Canada really struggling. I also would have liked to have seen the top 6 Russians ladies at the olympics, Rika, Ilia and Mikhail would have been nice. But it is now all a memory.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Liza Tuktamysheva
Zahorski/Guerreiro
Lu/Mitrofanov
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Amber Glenn
Misha Shaidorov
Keiji Tanaka
Muramoro/Takahashi
Jimmy Ma
Ilia Malinin

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kolyada, Malinin, Tukt, Han Yan.

I enjoy their skating for different reasons, and I missed all of them.

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
Kolyada, Kolyada, Kolyada. I only became a real stan watching the Carmen program and then waiting, waiting, waiting for a clean long. Then the beautiful White Crow program is revealed at a test skate. Happy sigh. Then just when we think, ah, yes, the world will see that program (and my four-year-fan family), Worlds is canceled. Then an off-season of major stress with the speculation of whether White Crow will come back and the teasing of Mishin with the vote. Then Schlinder’s List is revealed as the long program. Really? Another sigh, but resigned, peppered with a minor fanwar, but not too bad. Then return of White Crow. AND Nutcracker? Perfection. Then the stress of seeing if he’s gonna be selected for Olys. Yes! He is! The world is going to see two beautiful programs. Then, nope. Denied. Well, we got Worlds still, right? HEAVY sigh.

I know there are heartbreaking, tragic, and downright bizarre circumstances. I feel like an entitled fan. But that is really the end of it. He’s 27, likely Russia won’t be participating next season. I guess I just wanted to see him skate just one perfect program. And break into the biggest smile.

kenboy123

On the Ice
I would have liked to see any skaters as long as they aren't Russians...the Russians being there turned the Olympic figure skating event into a cringe fest that made worldwide news for the absolute WRONG reasons...

Ivana

On the Ice
Kolyada, he should have that second Olympic chance to prove what a great skater he is *sigh* C-19.
Samarin, I know he wasn't missed by many, but I just have such a soft spot for him.
Han Yan, even without quads he saved China's ass in Stockholm that place should have been his, his wonderful skating was missed this season.
Mai Mihara instead of Mana Kawabe, if I could not have Mai then Satoko for one last goodbye.
Calalang/Johnson if US had 3 spots, the two other US teams absolutely deserved their spots, but this should have been C/J time to shine, it's almost unbelievable how many things can go wrong for one team that never fully reached their potential.
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin, Russia should have 4 spots in pairs, it was heartbreaking watching the season knowing one of them won't make it to the Olympics.
Khudaiberdieva/Bazin (Zagorski/Guerreiro had they been healthy), it's always sad when politics come into play and you get screwed.
Lopareva/Brissaud, too bad France had only 1 spot, it could have been wonderful experience for the up and coming team.