Duane passed his beginners test! | Golden Skate

Duane passed his beginners test!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Now he's on to "pre-alpha"... next set of lessons starts Jan 7th (first day of nationals! WOOT)

I am very happy for him, he is loving it and everything...

for Christmas our G'Ma bought him a sort of practice outfit... it's a sleek look and I was all for it (she brought me along because I'm the "expert" whatever! LOL) He's got the whole family rallying behind him... watch out USFSA... you think you've got a handful NOW wait till Duane hits the big time :laugh:

here some of the things mom told me about what the goals are for Duane this next few weeks...

he needs to practice his "swizzles" and skating on one foot to get smoother, so we'll probably go a few times during vacation...he has a punch card with 4 free sessions he hasn't used yet....

pre-alpha gets to learn to skate with one leg up high behind them...i forget what you call it (As far as I know she means a spiral :laugh: but she keeps saying "no he doesn't spin"... I feel so needed down there right now lol)

he skated a 1 1/2 minute program during the recital (I couldn't make it! *SOBS*) and then talked mom and dad to letting him stay and come out for the final bow :laugh: he is so into this now it's awesome

he's going to skate while he's up here for Christmas so I can shoot some photos of him for family and such... so be ready to be bombarded!:rock:

Go Duanne Go!!! Congratulations!!!

Can't wait to see pics, Toni! Make sure you get out on the ice with him and get someone to snap a few of the two of you!;)