Edea Boots Sizing | Golden Skate

Edea Boots Sizing

TopoftheAndes

Spectator
So I’ve had Edea Pianos 260B, Risport Elite 260B, Ice flys 260B…. And am currently standing in a pair of Edea Ice Flys 265B.
260B worked fine for me with Pianos….. so thought I’d try 260B in the Risport Elite Prime since I like the aesthetics and price and low cut back better. WOW wayyy too small…. Toe jumps killed me. So I opted those over to my pic skates and ordered edea ice fly for a happy medium. 260B was a bit small but not nearly as small as the risports so I was okay with it…… a bit upsetting though that it didn’t fit well in the tow box like the piano though but whateever. After skating for months in them, with continuous pain doing double flips and lutz’s when using pick (and NOT slamming FYI), ironically my skates got stolen from my car so I was forced to buy another pair. I sized up in ice flys and blades…… however as I write this, I’m standing in the new flys unmounted, 265B, and thinking “crap these are too big.”
Question is as follows:
Could I do my own split sizing with Edea skates (260B left foot, 265B right foot) and use a 10” blade for both? The issues are always with my larger right foot and fragile big toe that’s constantly ingrown due to skating …..

Elija

On the Ice
Is length or width the issue? Could you get the toe box stretched slightly for the foot that is too tight? My coach did this for me with my old ice flys to accomodate an injury in one foot and it worked great. If you know someone qualified to work with edea, it’s very easy to do. I wouldn’t imagine most shops would sell you two different sizes, but I could be wrong.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So I’ve had Edea Pianos 260B, Risport Elite 260B, Ice flys 260B…. And am currently standing in a pair of Edea Ice Flys 265B.
260B worked fine for me with Pianos….. so thought I’d try 260B in the Risport Elite Prime since I like the aesthetics and price and low cut back better. WOW wayyy too small…. Toe jumps killed me. So I opted those over to my pic skates and ordered edea ice fly for a happy medium. 260B was a bit small but not nearly as small as the risports so I was okay with it…… a bit upsetting though that it didn’t fit well in the tow box like the piano though but whateever. After skating for months in them, with continuous pain doing double flips and lutz’s when using pick (and NOT slamming FYI), ironically my skates got stolen from my car so I was forced to buy another pair. I sized up in ice flys and blades…… however as I write this, I’m standing in the new flys unmounted, 265B, and thinking “crap these are too big.”
Question is as follows:
Could I do my own split sizing with Edea skates (260B left foot, 265B right foot) and use a 10” blade for both? The issues are always with my larger right foot and fragile big toe that’s constantly ingrown due to skating …..
Do you have a fitter and have you ever been properly fit which includes measuring and tracing your feet?

christy

On the Ice
My understanding is that Edea won't even consider selling 2 different sized skates, although if you're an elite / sponsored skater that may be different, but if you want to buy 2 different pairs and then wear one from each, I suppose you could, but you may also need 2 different sets of blades, which makes the whole proposition very expensive. Are your feet really that different in size, and as Ic3Rabbit asks, are you seeing a good skate fitter?

scottie99

Rinkside
Edea won't split the sizes, so you'd have to order both sizes as a pair. If you have the funds to do so, then go ahead. And I think you would be just fine using the same blade size for each boot. I have a friend who skates in a 245 with a 9-inch blade (a 9 1/4 is recommended). She skates just fine in the smaller blade (granted she is a synchro skater so....). But if you have the funds...give it a try I guess.

theadultskater

Rinkside
Country
Canada
Question is as follows:
Sounds like your toebox is too narrow. I had the same issue when I had EDEAs. Get it stretched