Edea E-shells for Showgirl only? | Golden Skate

Edea E-shells for Showgirl only?

christy

On the Ice
I just saw a post about Edea E-shells being used to extend the life of boots, and wondered if anyone had any more info or had tried them. The post referred to Edea Showgirl skates, but I have an old pair of Ice Flies that fit perfectly but the tongue has broken down so I'm wondering if this is an option to allow me to use them until I get new boots.
The info I saw said the E-shells were designed to extend the life of the boots, so not sure if that means they delay tongue break down or can be used if the tongue has broken down?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
From my understanding, they are for the Showgirl skates only and fit that tongue of the Pro/show skater specialized boot.

christy

On the Ice
From my understanding, they are for the Showgirl skates only and fit that tongue of the Pro/show skater specialized boot.
it does look that way. I've been trying to research and all of the references I can find are on the new sales spiel for Showgirl, which have a different tongue etc. to Ice Fly. Interesting as the implication of needing the extra stiffener appears to be an expectation that the Showgirl tongue will break down fairly rapidly??

ETA: just heard back from a skate shop that they are purely for Showgirl boots

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
it does look that way. I've been trying to research and all of the references I can find are on the new sales spiel for Showgirl, which have a different tongue etc. to Ice Fly. Interesting as the implication of needing the extra stiffener appears to be an expectation that the Showgirl tongue will break down fairly rapidly??

ETA: just heard back from a skate shop that they are purely for Showgirl boots
As I previously stated, my knowledge was they were just for the Showgirl skates and it makes sense that they are. It doesn't indicate that they break down faster as a boot/tongue as they are 90 stiffness rating.

christy

On the Ice
As I previously stated, my knowledge was they were just for the Showgirl skates and it makes sense that they are. It doesn't indicate that they break down faster as a boot/tongue as they are 90 stiffness rating.
And as previously stated I asked a skate tech who got their information from the manufacturer

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And as previously stated I asked a skate tech who got their information from the manufacturer
Then why ask here? All I was trying to do is help you out. Just kindly asking b/c curious. Also, has it been like over a year now that you've been looking for boots with all of our suggestions for said boots/blades and fitters all over USA, figured you would have had new boots at this point? Is there something holding you up on this?

christy

On the Ice
Then why ask here? All I was trying to do is help you out. Just kindly asking b/c curious. Also, has it been like over a year now that you've been looking for boots with all of our suggestions for said boots/blades and fitters all over USA, figured you would have had new boots at this point? Is there something holding you up on this?
Yep, I don't have unlimited funds to travel to decent fitters, and stocks of boots are low even with some of the good fitters.