Edea Showgirl questions | Golden Skate

Edea Showgirl questions

spinningdancer

Rinkside
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Edea Showgirl, and if so, did you like it? I am considering it, and saw that it has been updated for 2022, and now has 4 hooks, and the strength of the Piano, though supposedly it feels more like an Ice Fly, probably due to the lower cut back. I passed my Senior Moves and Silver Dance as a teen, and am looking to finish up my last few ice dance tests now that I'm 30. I only do singles these days, but landed all my doubles as a teen. I still skate with a lot of knee bend and power, and prefer a supportive boot to a soft boot, as even though I'm just doing singles, my jumps are still quite big. I have never skated in Edeas before, but have tried on the Concerto, Ice Fly, and Piano. Out of those, I liked the feel of the Piano the best, followed by the Concerto, and I didn't particularly like the Ice Fly, as it put a lot of pressure on areas of my feet. I was also wondering if anyone knows how the Showgirl, especially the new 2022 edition, compares to these boots?

In the past as an adult, I've tired SP Teri and Harlick. Since I lived in the SF Bay Area, I was able to get fitted directly at the factories for both. SP Teri didn't work for me. They put me in too soft of a boot, and it was also too narrow. I went to Harlick after that, and got fully custom boots. My first pair of custom Harlicks were a dream. Second pair ended up being made too stiff, since I went with a different type of leather. I could probably wear those boots for years and they still would barely be broken in. Switched back to the softer leather for my third pair of custom Harlicks, but there is just something wrong with the construction of these boots, and since I've had them for about 2.5 years now, I think I'm past the point where I could ask for a rebuild. I've had problems with these boots since got them, and Harlick has tried to adjust them, but so far, nothing has worked, and the issues keep getting worse. The tongue just wants to pop out, and the sides of the boots don't appear to wrap around it correctly. And I don't feel like paying $1800 and waiting several months for new Harlicks, I'd rather just try something new.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Edea Showgirl, and if so, did you like it? I am considering it, and saw that it has been updated for 2022, and now has 4 hooks, and the strength of the Piano, though supposedly it feels more like an Ice Fly, probably due to the lower cut back. I passed my Senior Moves and Silver Dance as a teen, and am looking to finish up my last few ice dance tests now that I'm 30. I only do singles these days, but landed all my doubles as a teen. I still skate with a lot of knee bend and power, and prefer a supportive boot to a soft boot, as even though I'm just doing singles, my jumps are still quite big. I have never skated in Edeas before, but have tried on the Concerto, Ice Fly, and Piano. Out of those, I liked the feel of the Piano the best, followed by the Concerto, and I didn't particularly like the Ice Fly, as it put a lot of pressure on areas of my feet. I was also wondering if anyone knows how the Showgirl, especially the new 2022 edition, compares to these boots?

In the past as an adult, I've tired SP Teri and Harlick. Since I lived in the SF Bay Area, I was able to get fitted directly at the factories for both. SP Teri didn't work for me. They put me in too soft of a boot, and it was also too narrow. I went to Harlick after that, and got fully custom boots. My first pair of custom Harlicks were a dream. Second pair ended up being made too stiff, since I went with a different type of leather. I could probably wear those boots for years and they still would barely be broken in. Switched back to the softer leather for my third pair of custom Harlicks, but there is just something wrong with the construction of these boots, and since I've had them for about 2.5 years now, I think I'm past the point where I could ask for a rebuild. I've had problems with these boots since got them, and Harlick has tried to adjust them, but so far, nothing has worked, and the issues keep getting worse. The tongue just wants to pop out, and the sides of the boots don't appear to wrap around it correctly. And I don't feel like paying $1800 and waiting several months for new Harlicks, I'd rather just try something new.
Hi and welcome!

I have some friends who are still competing that have and are wearing them. They aren't as strong as the Piano (IDK where you got that information from), it is basically the hybrid built on the Concerto and the Flamenco Ice. Concerto is basically the stiffest boot you need with what you are doing and will be doing.

Good luck! :)

spinningdancer

Rinkside
Hi and welcome!

I have some friends who are still competing that have and are wearing them. They aren't as strong as the Piano (IDK where you got that information from), it is basically the hybrid built on the Concerto and the Flamenco Ice. Concerto is basically the stiffest boot you need with what you are doing and will be doing.

I got that information from the Skates U.S. website: https://skatesus.com/product/showgirl-2022/

The Showgirl was redesigned for 2022, and they made several changes to it, including making it stiffer/stronger. All the changes are outlined under the "More Info" tab towards the bottom of the page.

spinningdancer

Rinkside
Hi and welcome!

Oops, actually it's the "Tech Specs" tab.

macy

Record Breaker
I got that information from the Skates U.S. website: https://skatesus.com/product/showgirl-2022/

The Showgirl was redesigned for 2022, and they made several changes to it, including making it stiffer/stronger. All the changes are outlined under the "More Info" tab towards the bottom of the page.
these boots are interesting, i'd be interested to know how they perform with the higher strength and also having another hook a lot lower than the rest. the tongue strengthener is cool too.

spinningdancer

Rinkside
these boots are interesting, i'd be interested to know how they perform with the higher strength and also having another hook a lot lower than the rest. the tongue strengthener is cool too.
They are certainly different. My hesitation is that sometimes Edea introduces something new, only to go back to the previous design because it turned out to be better. So far, I've only seen one show skater on Instagram who is using the 2022 Showgirl, and she seems to like them. The lower 4th hook seems to allow for faster lacing, and from the one photo I've seen of Edea's yet to be released Master boot geared towards coaches, it looks like that boot will have the same 4 hook design.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Oops, actually it's the "Tech Specs" tab.
EDEA needs to update their site then LOL! And my friend (being an ice dancer) doesn't have the stronger ones so this must be pretty new.

With your level I still stick by my first post, you don't need anything rated 90 for triples and quads.

spinningdancer

Rinkside
EDEA needs to update their site then LOL! And my friend (being an ice dancer) doesn't have the stronger ones so this must be pretty new.

With your level I still stick by my first post, you don't need anything rated 90 for triples and quads.
Thanks! I guess I'll just have to try on the Concerto again (and the Showgirl, since I already had the shop order both) and see which one ultimately fits better. What's interesting about the Showgirl, is even with thew new 2022 construction, it's only rated for doubles and triples, probably due to the low cut back, and still recommended for ice dance as well, despite the increased strength.

Ok, editing because I swear yesterday it was only rated for doubles and triples, and now it's saying triples and quads.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks! I guess I'll just have to try on the Concerto again (and the Showgirl, since I already had the shop order both) and see which one ultimately fits better. What's interesting about the Showgirl, is even with thew new 2022 construction, it's only rated for doubles and triples, probably due to the low cut back, and still recommended for ice dance as well, despite the increased strength.

Ok, editing because I swear yesterday it was only rated for doubles and triples, and now it's saying triples and quads.
It was rated for doubles and triples until fairly recently. So you aren't crazy haha.