Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Eh, guys, let's not spoil the good mood of this thread talking of people who don't approve of our favorite couple. (yes yes, I know it was all in good fun ;) ).
Does anyone have any idea what the emotional FD might be, that I/Z are preparing? My hope is on a waltz or another classical piece, but I suspect part of a movie-soundtrack, Lipnitskaia-style. West Side Story, perhaps? Your guesses?

Alba

Record Breaker
Eh, guys, let's not spoil the good mood of this thread talking of people who don't approve of our favorite couple. (yes yes, I know it was all in good fun ;) ).
Does anyone have any idea what the emotional FD might be, that I/Z are preparing? My hope is on a waltz or another classical piece, but I suspect part of a movie-soundtrack, Lipnitskaia-style. West Side Story, perhaps? Your guesses?

I hope it's not the West Side Story. I don't like that musical at all. :no:

I can't wait though. We should know something soon, right? :popcorn:

I hope it's not the West Side Story. I don't like that musical at all. :no:

If they did Westside Story, it could probably be a pretty ehh FD and I would still watch it on repeat... Sorry, I'm all about some Westside Story. That being said, I sort of hope it's not just because this is their debut after all; and in general if someone is going to do that kind of piece, I prefer it as a SD. (Unless it's POTO or LesMis, then I wish they wouldn't do it at all.) :)

...I'm with Alba, one month is a long time....

Alba

Record Breaker
If they did Westside Story, it could probably be a pretty ehh FD and I would still watch it on repeat... Sorry, I'm all about some Westside Story.

Oh, I'm all for some Westside Story too. :popcorn: :biggrin:

I could tollerate it as a SD though. You're right. ;)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
How about Sunset Boulevard? I've never seen an ice dance program skated to this piece, it could be original.

Oh, I'm all for some Westside Story too. :popcorn: :biggrin:

I could tollerate it as a SD though. You're right. ;)

OMG - :laugh: - The double meanings in this, a haha. I could go for some of that too ~ let's rumble different gangs song would work well between the boys....I guess the girls could have it out with one repping America and the other Puerto Rico? LOL

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I guess the girls could have it out with one repping America and the other Puerto Rico? LOL

LOL. Between Ilinykh and Sinitsina, I bet I know who would root for America. ;) I just hope they skate the FD to something fresh. The worst they could do would probably be the Phantom IMO. The announcement can't come quick enough.

LOL. Between Ilinykh and Sinitsina, I bet I know who would root for America. ;) I just hope they skate the FD to something fresh. The worst they could do would probably be the Phantom IMO. The announcement can't come quick enough.

Oh heavens, I am so over POTO. I feel like doing Carmen and POTO all in one year is like - wowzers!

kauh888

Rinkside
Oh heavens, I am so over POTO. I feel like doing Carmen and POTO all in one year is like - wowzers!
Yeah I like POTO quite a bit but seriously... I/Z do not need to try and live up to both V/M and D/W all in one year.

Sinitsina and Zhiganshin already did POTO so you can cross that
Off
Thank goodness. Not that I/Z wouldn't do a great job with POTO, but I want something very very memorable and original for their debut as a couple!

bramweld

Record Breaker
Yeah I like POTO quite a bit but seriously... I/Z do not need to try and live up to both V/M and D/W all in one year.

Thank goodness. Not that I/Z wouldn't do a great job with POTO, but I want something very very memorable and original for their debut as a couple!

I am wracking my mind trying to think of what could be so "touching and sentimental". I'm not a fan of either POTO or WSS so I'm hoping for something good unusual as well.

I am wracking my mind trying to think of what could be so "touching and sentimental". I'm not a fan of either POTO or WSS so I'm hoping for something good unusual as well.

Too bad they couldn't do a touching and sentimental rendition of "The Ghost." (Clearly I'm joking for multiple reasons here...) Bahahahaha :laugh: