Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I am really pleased with their first outing. I was amazed how fast they are together. I think the lifts and spins will come with more time. They haven been together for such a short time and I am amazed how much they already look like a team. Ruslan does not seem to be intimidated or over shadowed by Elena. They are a great balance for each other. I loved the step sequences! I am in love with this team! Can't wait for Rostelecom!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Seriously right? They must think we're blind. SS are just gorgeous. How can you get the best levels for step sequences, have such beautiful speed and flow and get 7.5 for SS? Their SS should be higher than C/L at least. Happy!!

Their SS are highest out of all dance teams who skated today. C/L are closest to them IMO. Than Shibs and P/C (their step seqs were kinda raw and unpolished, IMO).

alebi

Medalist
Ruslan does not seem to be intimidated or over shadowed by Elena.

That's what I think too! Ruslan isn't a shadow in this couple and considering how much "diva" Elena is... it's not easy! But I always had a soft spot for Ruslan, he's the best performer among Russian male skaters. In the old couple I always and only noticed him. Victoria is beautiful and stop, same effect by Nikita. I think the new couples brought together on one hand two fires, on the other two beautiful statues (I'm not saying it in a pejorative way)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
That's what I think too! Ruslan isn't a shadow in this couple and considering how much "diva" Elena is... it's not easy! But I always had a soft spot for Ruslan, he's the best performer among Russian male skaters. In the old couple I always and only noticed him. Victoria is beautiful and stop, same effect by Nikita. I think the new couples brought together on one hand two fires, on the other two beautiful statues (I'm not saying it in a pejorative way)

ITA. I would only look at Ruslan when he skated with Victoria, he has fantastic line. Elena seems to have grown from this, I do not see the diva, I see a skater who loves being in this partnership and loves her coaching team. I think I/Z are a great support system for each other. I like the SD better than the long but only because fire seems to suit them.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Today I saw Ruslan and Elena skate for the first time. I think for both it's an improvement. The chemistry between the two seems fine and Elena looked less diva like, what I liked. I'm quite thirlled, where they will end up at Russian nationals and if they have a spot at Euros/Worlds (fingers crossed). Ruslan appears to be a very nice person, caring/sharing, determined and very skilled skating wise.

alithia

Final Flight
I liked them a lot, no I loved them not liked them. They are so different than they were with their previous partners, it's more fire, more energy, they seemed to me more together than teams that are together for a long time.
I like the FD, people have to understand that this is not IK and not SZ. Their dynamics and chemistry are more natural and more raw, it's more passionate and less showy so the programs , even the same would look entirely different.

Some commentators were a bit strange but I thinnk it's the shock speaking. It's difficult for people who loved I/K ( for various on ice/off ice reasons) to accept new partnerships and not compared.
Ruslan isn't lost in the program as they thought he'd be.Actually he was very visible but doing his job.Presenting the lady. And Elena has the talent to be presented, as much her partner can.
The levels don't worry me, the step sequences were great, they skated closer together than I/K did many times, their twizzles are amazing, they cover so much ice,the lifts are good but they will get the coordination better in a month or so.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Regardless of the placements, I'm happy for them. They proved that they have the goods to rule the world, even if not everything is quite there yet. They are both incredibly fiery and passionate, and they seem to have a strong technical base as well.

As time goes on, they will improve their elements, improve their momentum/reputation among the judges, and we'll start to see some great scores. :yes:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last year it was

Ice dance sd 28 fd 38

The year before it was
sd 29 fd 39

Last edited:

uhh

Medalist
29 points for the SD and 39 for the FD. Elena and Ruslan had 30 and 40 respectively. Neither S/B or M/K have hit those minimums yet.

But the scores from last season also count & I think they have it from then.

elif

Medalist
Their exhibition to Lara Fabian's "Je t'aime": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9gbl2nxpQ

Shoot me If you want but this is better than free dance.:laugh: Almost same choreography but feels different maybe because of music or camera angle...A lot of little things make sense me now.

Look at this. Sharp turn before the lift goes with the music. Elena's lifting and hand movement goes with the music and in second pose, hands match to music. In free dance using music on hand movements barely visible..

In free dance this moment looks like they almost forgot some other move. In Gala Its looks much better and 0.56-0.57 Elena's leg movements match music more visibly. I didn't notice when I watched in free dance.

alithia

Final Flight
Shoot me If you want but this is better than free dance.:laugh: Almost same choreography but feels different maybe because of music or camera angle...A lot of little things make sense me now.

Look at this. Sharp turn before the lift goes with the music. Elena's lifting and hand movement goes with the music and in second pose, hands match to music. In free dance using music on hand movements barely visible..

In free dance this moment looks like they almost forgot some other move. In Gala Its looks much better and 0.56-0.57 Elena's leg movements match music more visibly. I didn't notice when I watched in free dance.

Elif, I think today they just weren't stressed out:love: They were free, no stress, nothing

alithia

Final Flight
This dance will only get better with time. As they get more relaxed it will shine.

Yes, I actually think that their chemistry is so special, their speed, there is this huge energy ,happiness about them.I'm afraid some people got a bit disappointed from the Brit Eurosport commentator who was that huge fan of IK but to me he was just being unrealistic. You can't expect two people in their first event, under these circumstances, with stress and the fear of making the smallest mistake to produce you an over 100 performance.

And most people, and journalists talk about huge potential,and I can see it, rough as it is.The way they relate is totally different than before, more organic, less showy,I like this kind of skating

I will risk being the odd one out and say I see huge champion quality , and I stop before I jinx anything. (I'm sick of conspiracy theories, really)

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, I actually think that their chemistry is so special, their speed, there is this huge energy ,happiness about them.I'm afraid some people got a bit disappointed from the Brit Eurosport commentator who was that huge fan of IK but to me he was just being unrealistic.

I actually start laughing with Nicky's comment on Brit Eurosport.
It was in their SD when he said "She is missing the sparkle", and there was this slow-mo with her face blowing with sparkle. :laugh:
I was like: Nicky, take the pills! :sarcasm:

elif

Medalist
I'm afraid some people got a bit disappointed from the Brit Eurosport commentator who was that huge fan of IK but to me he was just being unrealistic. You can't expect two people in their first event, under these circumstances, with stress and the fear of making the smallest mistake to produce you an over 100 performance.
No.He just loves to be different. When everyone said how bad ''Ghost FD'' is he said he loved it.:laugh: Last year remember how everyone loved ''Black Swan''? In TEB he become angry Ilinykh/Katsalapov won over Pechalat/Bourzat at free dance. :confused: