Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh & Ruslan Zhiganshin

Alba

Record Breaker
If it's the fed, why let the public in?

Well, just speculating here but I suppose the media are very curious and they don't mind, or maybe they want them.
I don't know, but I see nothing strange with this.

However, if your fears are that S&K in Russia will be scored better than I&Z in China (IMO they should've been better scored), that might be true.
Unless, they have a bad skate of course. They have an easier GP, and are in their home country.
I don't know by how much though. They too will start skating in the first group and that hurts.
Furthermore, the Russian mmigt support more S&B at the moment since they have more chances to qualify for the GPF.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Max Stavitski said about I/Z in his last inteview: http://rsport.ru/interview/20141111/787695506.html
Sorry for Google translate:
- Maxim, shared his impressions of the much-anticipated speech Il'inykh and Zhiganshina. Hooked? What do you have time to see them?
- Their short dance also left some mixed impression. I'll explain - it was rather weak on skating, vanity present in interceptions in positions, non-simultaneous execution of steps, tremors, there were errors in the elements in the tracks. And all this affects the scores, and on the general perception. Dance, which as it suggests and gives athletes a wide margin for action are much more interesting and rich. In this form they have liked me to order more. There was speed, there were some more or less unusual elements, the dance was performed cleaner, more qualitatively. Though amid all the competition can not stress that Ruslan while still not up to the level of Lena. And Il'inykh not to run away from a partner, slightly lowers its momentum. Now, you may need to do so, but in the future growth of the pair is just good not affected. Strive always need to who is the best in the pair. Ruslan should very quickly and purposefully tightened to Lena, then they will have the chance to reach a new level.
- What Zhiganshin inferior Il'inykh? What he needs to add?
- First you need to just "sit" on the leg. He highly "sits" on the legs, and is suffering from it and skating in a pair, and the execution of the individual elements. When it is "in the legs" and can safely do all the elements you can add artistry and emotion. Ruslan physically strong enough partner - he Lena lifts, turns and changes the position of the support is absolutely no problem. Here, everything is fine. And as soon as Ruslan will begin to feel and skating beside his partner surely, then we will continue to grow. But first you just need to tighten skating. After a good couple, they just debuted, and we all know that in the few months that the partners have spent together, it is very difficult to get rolled up a level in competition to go out and compete for prizes. They did a huge amount of work, but it's you and I can give them a discount, but the judges do not care if you ride with a partner of four years or four months. So you need to be objective and try to imagine yourself in the place of the judges.

Very interesting words. He thinks their SD at CoC was weak, and he saw their SD before. So it means they skated better when he saw them last time before the CoC :) And they will probably skate better at CoR. He also likes their FD better than SD.

Snow63

Record Breaker
^He has the same opinion as mine. I like their FD more.

I like their FD better too. But it's just because I don't like short dances like at all :laugh: I feel like they are boring, too standart and repetitive. But out of all other SDs on the field, I like their SD the best so far. I need to see B/S' and S/K's SDs to say for sure, but I think I/Z's Carmen will be my favourite.
Oh, I just realised they all skate to Carmen this season... dear God :slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
I like their FD better too. But it's just because I don't like short dances like at all :laugh: I feel like they boring, too standart and repetitive. But out of all other SDs on the field, I like their SD the best so far. I need to see B/S' and S/K's SDs to say for sure, but I think I/Z's Carmen will be my favourite.
Oh, I just realised they all skate to Carmen this season... dear God :slink:

:laugh:

No, not S&K. Are they doing Carmen as well? Don't remember that.

I don't agree with Maxim AT ALL. Their SD is fantastic.

Snow63

Record Breaker
:laugh:

No, not S&K. Are they doing Carmen as well? Don't remember that.

I don't agree with Maxim AT ALL. Their SD is fantastic.

Yes, if I remember correctly. The CoR is gonna be EPIC :laugh:

Edit: and the Max is right. They were a bit stiff and sometimes jerky, some steps off synchro. And they were VERY nervous. But the dance itself is very good, IMO. Beautiful, difficult, well-constructed and their twizzles is just the best. They'll do better this time ;)

elif

Medalist
Very interesting words. He thinks their SD at CoC was weak, and he saw their SD before. So it means they skated better :) And they will probably skate better at CoR. He also likes their FD better than SD.

I think he is friend of Averbukh, this is why he likes FD better.:laugh:

He made some good points -what I understand from translate, thanks Snow63-.:thumbsup:

Meoima

Match Penalty
S/K with Carmen??? Someone is kidding me!! :rofl: I can't see Vika as the Carmen at all, Micaela maybe.

I guess S/K is going to skate to Micaela Don Jose duet lol :rofl:

In no way I see a better Carmen than Elena.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
And they were VERY nervous. [...] They'll do better this time ;)

I love them, but am so worried about them. *bites fingernails* I really want them to do well and place higher than S/K, but I have a feeling they'll be just as nervous this time, due to the presence of their ex-partners. I so hope they prove my worries unnecessary, but I know I would be trembling in my shoes if I were in their shoes (a pun, huh). :slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
Edit: and the Max is right. They were a bit stiff and sometimes jerky, some steps off synchro. And they were VERY nervous. But the dance itself is very good, IMO. Beautiful, difficult, well-constructed and their twizzles is just the best. They'll do better this time ;)

But I'm speaking about the program per se, not how they skated. Which by the way, being a 6 months old couple I don't think you could ask for more.
IMO, when people speak about programs they should talk about choreo. the theme, music etc. Skating and performing is another matter.

Snow63

Record Breaker
But I'm speaking about the program per se, not how they skated. Which by the way, being a 6 months old couple I don't think you could ask for more.
IMO, when people speak about programs they should talk about choreo. the theme, music etc. Skating and performing is another matter.

Yes, and he was saying about how they skated, not about the SD itself. In fact, he seems to like their both dances. At least it was clear in Russian, Idk about the 'translation' :laugh:
And he also said judges don't care if they skate together 4 months or 4 years. We can discuss that and give them credit how good they are skating for 6 month old couple, but judges will judge them as any other 'old' couple and will not forgive them their unperfections. That's what he meant and thet's what I agree with. :)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Yes, and he was saying about how they skated, not about the SD itself. In fact, he seems to like their both dances. At least it was clear in Russian, Idk about the 'translation' :laugh:
And he also said judges don't care if they skate together 4 months or 4 years. We can discuss that and give them credit how good they are skating for 6 month old couple, but judges will judge them as any other 'old' couple and will not forgive them their unperfections. That's what he meant and thet's what I agree with. :)

Given how harsh Stavisky has been in the past. I think his comments were fair. Well if they've actually done the SD better than that, I want them to bring that version to COR. I sense that he really likes the couple and wants them to do well. Granted I could not see the technical deficiencies in Ruslan that he has mentioned, I hope these guys simply take the comments in stride and become really great.

Alba

Record Breaker

It was not clear before, because you said he seems to like more their FD program. So I thought he meant the choreo. Sorry. :)

I would agree in theory with that too. But I do not agree with their scores.
I think they deserved better GoE for some of their elements in both programs and components.
So the judges didn't quite judge them as an "old" couple. I think Maxim knows better than that.
Not complaining though. If they continue to work like this the sky will be the limit.

My two girls. Elena and Yulia. :love:
http://cs7004.vk.me/c619918/v619918359/1be95/R5ZlN-SqmIY.jpg

Snow63

Record Breaker
It was not clear before, because you said he seems to like more their FD program. So I thought he meant the choreo. Sorry. :)

I would agree in theory with that too. But I do not agree with their scores.
I think they deserved better GoE for some of their elements in both programs and components.
So the judges didn't quite judge them as an "old" couple. I think Maxim knows better than that.
Not complaining though. If they continue to work like this the sky will be the limit.

My two girls. Elena and Yulia. :love:
http://cs7004.vk.me/c619918/v619918359/1be95/R5ZlN-SqmIY.jpg

Hmmm... Yes, it seems you're right. :laugh: Pcs-wise they were absolutely the best at CoC. And GOE for their twizzles and step seqs is just ridiculous too.
And the level of sweetness of this picture just raised my blood sugar :laugh: She's so beautiful, I just can't...

Alba

Record Breaker
I've uploaded the SD competion with Eurosport Italia: https://vimeo.com/111609101
The quality is poor but don't shoot me. :slink: I'm having problems with the sat signal going into the media center.
Sky have encrypted their HD channels and the SD doesn't work well either.

The thing I find interesting and I like most about these two is that they already have their own identity.
It's not that usual, and very difficult for a new couple.

They just need to work, work, work, and showed prepared in their competitions. :)

TheGothicEme

On the Ice
dear me, Sk skate to Carmen too? and that's why Zueva said that Sinisina was the new Navka?
oh no :bang:
please leave Carmen alone, this is so scary. :no:
Ilinykh - yes
Bobrova - acceptable (yes,I can see her as flame Carmen)
but Sinisina? oh :no:
Stepanova can make a better Carmen than her, and how very fortunate, SB didn't choose Carmen
As for, Ilinykh/Zhiganshin's Carmen SD, in my opinion, is the most interesting SD so far, I can't take my eyes away, I still rewatch it now. :love: I didn't believe in them first (in IK, I liked Nikita more, in SZ, I like Vika more). But that fabulous SD totally won my heart.