Elena Radionova | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

yyyskate

Record Breaker
. Radionova is not only a huge talent, she is a hard worker.[/I]

indeed, those 2 programs may still lacks refinement and polish, but absolutely physically demanding. and Radio is the one little girl who i watched live, does non-stop skating, when she is on the practice ice every time.:agree:

Meoima

Match Penalty
indeed, those 2 programs may still lacks refinement and polish, but absolutely physically demanding. and Radio is the one little girl who i watched live, does non-stop skating, when she is on the practice ice every time.:agree:
I wonder where does that much energy come from within. She's so enjoyable to watch.

voolfee

On the Ice
I wonder what is she saying, though.
Here is what she said:
"Hi all, I'm Elena Radionova. I want to congratulate all a Happy New Year and wish you health, happiness and success in all endeavors. And of course, let this year will bring you much joy and fun. And I want to thank everyone who supported me on the Russian Championship. I am very glad that selected on the European Championship. This is my first European Championship and I want to make it good. Come all and cheer for me. Thank you very much, bye."

CutieP

On the Ice
Thank you gallavich for the link:) and thank you voolfee for the translation:)

Man, I was waiting for pictures and got a video! :yay:

shine

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but does anyone know where I can see Elena's FS from Russian Nationals? Thanks!

Batsuchan

Medalist
OOOH, thank you gallavich for sharing that video, and thanks so much voolfee for translating!! :bow:

Too bad the video's so dark...can't see Lena too well. But it is definitely better than nothing!

Happy new year everyone! Wishing Lena a happy, healthy and successful second half of the season! :cheer:

Lipea

Final Flight
I wonder where does that much energy come from within. She's so enjoyable to watch.
It is just my guess but I think it is her huge desire to do well and to be the best that creates such an amazing hard work and concentration. No distractions: no boys, no press (and photosessions), ice shows, etc., very attentive mother and coach. Maybe she was actually lucky that was too young for Olympics.

Lipea

Final Flight
Tarasova about Elena: http://wap.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/768814
"Radionova was absolutely beautiful"
Q: To speak about ladies competitions at Russian Championship, was Radionova's first place well-deserved?
TT: Radionova was absolutely beautiful. She was not possible to reach, to overskate or to overjump (lit. translation). We all have seen [her] beautiful figure skating: jump elements, hardest rotations, musicality.
Q: Is Radionova's free skate on Russian Champ. - the best, out of what we've seen in a new season?
Radionova showed the highest level always. Only in Grand Prix Final she did a mistake in one jump, because she was ill, if you did not know.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Q: To speak about ladies competitions at Russian Championship, was Radionova's first place well-deserved?
TT: Radionova was absolutely beautiful. She was not possible to reach, to overskate or to overjump (lit. translation). We all have seen [her] beautiful figure skating: jump elements, hardest rotations, musicality.
Q: Is Radionova's free skate on Russian Champ. - the best, out of what we've seen in a new season?
Radionova showed the highest level always. Only in Grand Prix Final she did a mistake in one jump, because she was ill, if you did not know.

thanks

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Here is what she said:
"Hi all, I'm Elena Radionova. I want to congratulate all a Happy New Year and wish you health, happiness and success in all endeavors. And of course, let this year will bring you much joy and fun. And I want to thank everyone who supported me on the Russian Championship. I am very glad that selected on the European Championship. This is my first European Championship and I want to make it good. Come all and cheer for me. Thank you very much, bye."

Thanx for translating! She's just lovely, I hope this year brings her much success.

Batsuchan

Medalist
It is just my guess but I think it is her huge desire to do well and to be the best that creates such an amazing hard work and concentration. No distractions: no boys, no press (and photosessions), ice shows, etc., very attentive mother and coach. Maybe she was actually lucky that was too young for Olympics.

Actually, I think she was really busy with ice shows at the start of the off-season...? I don't speak Russian, but I think that is what this article here mentions at the beginning (according to GoogleTranslate)...
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1021723578.html

"At the end of the season Lena was very popular. Participated in various shows, performances. We're not too experienced in this matter and did not know how many and which proposals will follow, so at first did not refuse anyone. As a result, performance was a lot. But the new program had to sketch."

If I had to *guess*, I think part of the reason Lena has so much energy is because she really, really loves to perform in front of a live audience. I found this old interview from right after the 2013 Junior World Championships (scroll almost all the way to the bottom--3rd to last post), and I thought Lena's last reply was really revealing of her personality:
http://figureskating.ipb.su/index.php?showtopic=918&st=200
Q: The last question is this: you skate in order to win?
A: No. I skate for people. For me, the main thing -- is not the judges' assessment, but if the public liked it. And if people like my skating - it is like to me.

I think Lena might care a little bit more about winning now, but I think that entertaining the audience is still very important for her, and that's why she puts so much energy into everything. And I think that's why she fights so hard to do a perfect performance, and doesn't give up even if she makes a mistake--it's because she wants to put on a good show! :agree:

Hopefully she can maintain that energy! Radiant Radionova!! :biggrin:

But she is only 15 (almost 16). I know that Mao Asada, for example, felt that it was so easy to jump, jump, jump when she was younger, but then when she got older, she would tire more easily. So I guess we will see...

Batsuchan

Medalist

Thanks Lipea for translating!

It's very important to have TAT (Tarasova) supporting you!

I saw that Inna Goncharenko thanked her profusely in this interview after Nationals:
http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/769251
From GoogleTranslate:
Special thanks to Tatiana Tarasova, which always helps council tells tunes. We have appealed to her for help. She is a person with a very strong energy. Thank you so much. She is also very worried for us.

I'm not sure if you all heard about this, but it seems like there was some behind-the-scenes drama earlier--some coach who was more famous than Goncharenko wanted to coach Radionova instead, and from what I can decipher of the comments below, people were speculating that it was Elena Buyanova (Adelina Sotnikova's coach)...
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1025200287.html
The GoogleTranslate translation is a little confusing, and some of it might be pure speculation, but it kind of sounds like they were trying to lure Radionova away with a promise of more ice time/a less crowded rink...? :unsure:

Anyway, I'm hoping that now that Lena has won Nationals, the Russian Fed will support the Radionova/Goncharenko combination because they seem to be a good team! :cheer:

grantrf98

On the Ice
Actually, I think she was really busy with ice shows at the start of the off-season...? I don't speak Russian, but I think that is what this article here mentions at the beginning (according to GoogleTranslate)...
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1021723578.html

If I had to *guess*, I think part of the reason Lena has so much energy is because she really, really loves to perform in front of a live audience. I found this old interview from right after the 2013 Junior World Championships (scroll almost all the way to the bottom--3rd to last post), and I thought Lena's last reply was really revealing of her personality:
http://figureskating.ipb.su/index.php?showtopic=918&st=200

I think Lena might care a little bit more about winning now, but I think that entertaining the audience is still very important for her, and that's why she puts so much energy into everything. And I think that's why she fights so hard to do a perfect performance, and doesn't give up even if she makes a mistake--it's because she wants to put on a good show! :agree:

Hopefully she can maintain that energy! Radiant Radionova!! :biggrin:

But she is only 15 (almost 16). I know that Mao Asada, for example, felt that it was so easy to jump, jump, jump when she was younger, but then when she got older, she would tire more easily. So I guess we will see...

I agree! By watching Elena, you could tell that she feeds off the energy and vibes of the crowd, a quality of a true performer. She's not "skating", she is performing. That is what sets her apart from the rest of the competition...and hopefully it will be like that for the years to come!

nox1

On the Ice

She said in an interview somewhere that it feels completely different coming first to coming second or third and she wants to stand on top of the podium and hear the anthem or something :laugh:. So yes, I think winning is more important to her now than it used to be, but she still loves to perform. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I agree! By watching Elena, you could tell that she feeds off the energy and vibes of the crowd, a quality of a true performer. She's not "skating", she is performing. That is what sets her apart from the rest of the competition...and hopefully it will be like that for the years to come!
That's so true. She doesn't feel intimidated by the attention from the crowd.
I wonder has this girl ever felt so nervous, because even if she has, she doesn't show it much. Wonderful! I hope she will grow more under pressure in the future.

CutieP

On the Ice
She said in an interview somewhere that it feels completely different coming first to coming second or third and she wants to stand on top of the podium and hear the anthem or something :laugh:. So yes, I think winning is more important to her now than it used to be, but she still loves to perform. :)

Yes and just recently when she was asked about going to Stockholm, she said she was going there to win "why else go there". :cool:

But to fully answer this riddle of winning/performing, for me the answer is easy: both. You could see in GP Final when she fell she immediately stood up and gave us a show like nothing had happened. There was something about it how she still wanted to relate to the audience (it didn't look to be just about getting the maximum of points from there on). She goes there to win and does feel some pressure (as she often says) but when the music starts playing she quite quickly becomes a performer! :)