Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 45 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Right now in the end of her SP she does a 2a and then a layback spin followed by a combination spin.

Axel
Spin
Spin

It seems likely the rotations would be the spins and they will move the layout to be:

Spin
Axel
Spin

*Maybe somehow the spin and transition out will give her a more comfortable approach at the axel or simply a better location on the ice to eventually try the triple.

Last edited:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Right now in the end her SP she does a 2a and then a layback spin followed by a combination spin.

Axel
Spin
Spin

It seems likely the rotations would be the spins and they will move the layout to be:

Spin
Axel
Spin

*Maybe somehow the spin and transition out gives her a more comfortable approach at the axel or simply a better location on the ice to eventually try the triple.

Thanks a lot for your explanations, Sam. I think they will keep the intrigue until the end.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well ...there are other possibilities like moving the StSeq to follow her 3lz and then you'd see this.

3T-3T
3Lz
StSeq
FSSp(sit spin)
2a
LSp(layback)
CCoSp(Combination spin)

Just moving a StSeq around though can be very disruptive to choreo that is actually matched to the music so I doubt this layout will work as easily. It could drastically change the feel of the whole program which is why I think the first layout I offered is more likely.

But....She could move the StSeq around to preceed the final spin but I think this might put the 2a before the halfway point. Not a good decision IMO. And again....moving a StSeq is not ideal.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/1026793880.html
Alexei Mishin: "The inclusion of a triple axel in the program Tuktamysheva still not resolved"

""For the European Championship we were getting ready in Tartu and St. Petersburg. With our choreographer Tatiana Prokofiev for the upcoming launch, we decided to make some adjustments, it will add its performance dynamics.

Made light strokes and in any program. Question of integrating the triple axel in the program Lisa has not yet been resolved. Keep the intrigue "- quoted Mishina "

Oh, dear! My poor heart - I'm so nervous now! Perhaps it's better not to know in advance - so I don't have to sit there in dread. Or as much dread. Or something. Meanwhile, Mr Mishin - Man of Mystery!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Liza and Artur Gachinski ad for Herbalife. :slink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tNKYtK49nA
They do look very cute together (Mishin sure knows how to pick good-looking students, doesn't he? :p). Hopefully they got paid tons for that.

http://itar-tass.com/sport/1724571
Tuktamysheva made changes in short program. But not the 3-axel, just changed the order of the elements (I guess considering triple axel though).
I took it to mean she changed the order of the jumps? 3T-3T, 2A, 3Lz (second half)? And the 2A would eventually become 3A. Just putting the axel between two spins doesn't make sense... Is she planning to do the 3A in the second half like she does her 2A? :shocked:

And changing the spins/steps affects the musical timing of the program--I admit I really like how it is right now.

Whatever her strategy... go Liza for Europeans! She probably doesn't need the axel yet. Maybe for Worlds.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Lol I told ya Mishin has been good at picking up good looking students for months.
I am curious about the chang, though. I hope she will feel comfortable enough to do that.
The only thing I'd wish to see is new SP costume...

Meoima

Match Penalty
Liza in the commercial looks like gaining a little more weight than her usual shape...I don't know whether the product is indeed helpful to lose weight.
If you only drink this powder and eat nothing else certainly you will lose weight. And a lot of muscles. :slink:
I never understand why people follow such unhealthy way to lose weight, though.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The sweater Liza was wearing in the commercial wasn't... flattering. Few sweaters are. :laugh: Also, I think it was shot early season, since I remember we had pics of her and Artur doing some kind of Herbalife thing a while back.

In recent photos on her Instagram, Liza looks very slim and fit.

Plus, I highly doubt Liza is only drinking powder and nothing else. No way would she have the muscles for 3A. (Btw, whether she includes it or not, it can certainly be a good way to intimidate the competition, a la Shizuka Arakawa in Torino. ;))

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you only drink this powder and eat nothing else certainly you will lose weight. And a lot of muscles. :slink:
I never understand why people follow such unhealthy way to lose weight, though.

Actually...if you eat (drink) protein shakes and don't exercise you will gain weight. Most of them are intended to feed protein directly to your muscles and act as an aide in recovery from the damage caused to you're muscles during exercise. I use them frequently and it's a myth that they are for weight loss.

When I first started using them it took me a while to grasp the concept that it is a food and not a drink. It has potential to be misused/abused but if you visit their webpage you'll see that the objective is to promote a healthy lifestyle and to encourage excercise. These products aide in maximizing and sustaining this lifestyle. It isn't about fat vs skinny as much as active vs inactive.

Liza is a smart girl and it makes sense for an athelete of her status to endorse and use such products. She looks very healthy and active to me. :)

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
She should wear blue more often on the ice. :) Time to get rid of all the black!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
She should wear blue more often on the ice. :) Time to get rid of all the black!

Totally agree. Blue becomes her in those images. :yes: And so would red and grey. Hopefully she brightens her costumes next season. The purple FP outfit is already a step in the right direction. :cheer2:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
These are a bit late, but I have finally uploaded some photos of Liza I took at the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona

I'm hoping she will add a European title to her GPF win this week... and why not a World title in March too?! :-D

Bring on the 3A...! :-D

Some of my photos of Liza from Finlandia 2014 are --> HERE

Always lovely to see her skating "live" - she is always mesmerising, doubly so in person... and this competition was no exception. And most importantly she finally seemed to be back on form and scoring the big points...
What a season she's had so far...