Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I know a lot of people are yearning for the days of her 3Z-3T and 2A-3T from 2011, but after watching her skate from Trophee Eric Bompard 2011, which she won: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn9vRqJmgac, I actually have to say she's really improved in other ways!

Her jumps are bigger now and namely the big improvement I see is the ice coverage. Back in 2011, her ice coverage was really much lacking.

Honestly, this actually makes want Adelina to comeback strong next season, because I like to see those two duke it out like they did during their junior years cause I think both have improved considerably since then.

:no: But who would replace me? Some big shoes to fill, but I could use a bit of rest! ;)

Nah you can keep your job, I was just kidding. :D

LRK

Record Breaker
Well that's why I don't really listen to TSL. I get why people value them; but they're just not my style.

Well I like her in a nice way. :D I think she deserves credit for proving people wrong. Sure she can have a few more transitions and such, but honestly this strategy is working for her.

I'd never expect you to like anyone in any other way, Mrs P.:)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Another Mishin interview. The photo they chose reminded me of the broccoli torch. :rofl:

I so wish someone would publish a book of his collected "Mishinisms"!

Alexei Mishin: "And you say Archimedes"

January 31, 2015

Alexei Mishin, coach of European champion Elizabeth Tuktamysheva after winning figure skater answered questions from the media.

Alexei Nikolaevich, how do you evaluate the performance of Lisa?

Not Bad. See, here it is necessary to talk about the different ways of solving the problem. The first approach is to best meet the requirements of the regulations - stand position, motion, tilt, mahi ... The second way is based on the more classic skating, which was established in the Soviet Union and Russia, differed our skaters, since Belousova - Protopopova, Ovchinnikov, Bobrina, Plushenko ... This is the way the other, when people tried to make a statement of the spectacle that it was mikrospektakl.

A way to combine these two?

But if we went only way to meet the requirements of the judges, we would zamelteshili, and transparency in the program remains. Lisa is characterized by two unique moments. It uniquely talented jumping and studied with a unique hopping coach. I humbly reply. It's like learning geometry from Archimedes.

In training in Stockholm Lisa triple axel jump. It was a psychological attack on rivals?

The answer to this question. The fact that there are people who do all that is possible. But I did not make a bet on what we need to be sure to win this championship. Not necessarily. I want to go smoothly and confidently in order to continue to move for the World Cup next year and the next ... Limit complexity in women's figure skating exhausted. Combinations of three - three and nothing else to do. All of the fourth level. So, we need to move to the next level. So triple axel - is the next era.

To make a complex element as a quad, we tried to Urmanov, you must first try it in training, then on the road, on the demonstrations, then in warm-ups ... Here we did not warm up to the axel to scare opponents. This is a difficult time, which violates the rhythm. It's like a meal and a glass of vodka, after which champagne is no longer perceived. Therefore, we did not here a triple axel in order to intimidate rivals, but simply because we prepare the jump.

But if the program that something went wrong, would you risk it - would perform axel?

No, it does not address Plushenko in Sochi and not retirement. Girl on the way forward, and I look very calm. Now I have such a soft position, and you say Archimedes.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I know a lot of people are yearning for the days of her 3Z-3T and 2A-3T from 2011, but after watching her skate from Trophee Eric Bompard 2011, which she won: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn9vRqJmgac, I actually have to say she's really improved in other ways!

Her jumps are bigger now and namely the big improvement I see is the ice coverage. Back in 2011, her ice coverage was really much lacking.

Honestly, this actually makes want Adelina to comeback strong next season, because I like to see those two duke it out like they did during their junior years cause I think both have improved considerably since then.
I agree, I think her ice coverage has really improved. Her speed as well. I do miss the lutz-toe and some of the spin variations she did (the sit position and the Adelina-esque camel). But on the plus side, I find her more mature and finished now. And she's no longer messing up either SP or 3F, which is a huge relief. :laugh:

But...but... Her costumes were better in those day.
I think her LP outfit is quite nice: http://instagram.com/p/yMJQo4zQT3/?modal=true Her SP outfit... I tell myself that she wanted to wear the red dress, except her team realized it was a costume malfunction waiting to happen and they hastily had to redo.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hail to the beautiful Queen Liza! Queen of Europe, next, the World!

adelia

Record Breaker

kresslia

Medalist
Think I'm ready to call myself a fan. I LOVED her LP at Europeans. This girl is just flawless, so fierce, so lovely, so elegant. I'll be rooting for her at Worlds!

I love the music she uses too.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Woohoo! Hooray for Liza! :cheer:

This is so amazing for her! Especially after her injuries.

Next stop...THE WORLD! :cheer2:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Just one thing: no more competitions until Worlds, Liza! :laugh2: (even if, since it has worked so well so far, it wouldn't be such a terrible idea after all)