Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

LisaM

Medalist
Sorry, it was just the science nerd in me asking that question because I learned that progesterone can be converted into androstenedione inside the body which is indeed banned. I already know the benefits of oral contraception, but I was just wondering about that little tidbit.

I was just cautious about Tuk taking medication that could possibly be illegal. But if not, then more power to her! Anything to have her top the podium in Shanghai!

No problem, wasn't trying to be rude or scolding if that's how it came across! Sorry if that was the case!

adelia

Record Breaker
Sometimes you can't tell whether Mishin is trolling you with a joke or not. Like that comment about Plushy and the paralympics. Some people actually took that seriously.

LRK

Record Breaker
Sometimes you can't tell whether Mishin is trolling you with a joke or not. Like that comment about Plushy and the paralympics. Some people actually took that seriously.

Or the one about Plushy taking up ice dancing... ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
The most dangerous troller!!
Russians win almost everything. :laugh2:
They have the most reliable gossiper who is Trankov already.:drama:
Oh and don't forget the Queen of Death stare, Anna Pogo's coach.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think my favorite recent trolly Mishin comment was in an interview where he said something like learning jumps from him is like learning geometry from Archimedes. :rofl:

Tutto

Record Breaker
After winning the European title, Liza called Alexei Mishin a genius coach. I don't know how much she has to put up with.

Geniuses are known to be difficult ...:)

But I am pleased that Lisa proved to Mishin that one super talented lady can be worth two men!

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
After winning the European title, Liza called Alexei Mishin a genius coach. I don't know how much she has to put up with.

It doesn't look like Mishin puts stress on Liza, whereas he obviously works very hard with her. He is indeed the Archimedes of the figure skating jumps technique.
Maybe it is because Liza knows him for so long she is also not afraid to troll or to be funny, which is absolutely adorable:
http://instagram.com/p/rEf9ZfzQbL/?modal=true
http://instagram.com/p/kpZ_GkTQR7/?modal=true (changed her voice with helium)
http://instagram.com/p/m-kn8wNzUG/?modal=true
She used to name herself Lizka-sosiska on her instagram :rofl: ("sosiska" means kiebasa-like linked sausage, and it obviously rhymes with "Lizka"). She changed it as she became European champion; I guess she understood that her title requires her to be a little more formal :biggrin:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Anyone else thinks it is a bit odd that there has been no further statement from Mishin or Lisa, they must be back from Germany by now?

adelia

Record Breaker
Bavarian Open
Well, it's not a major competition and there were already a few articles in the Russian media about it so that's about right. Don't want to overkill. The 3A-2T and 3A slo-mo clips were among a bunch of 15 sent to Phil Hersh so that was a clever Mishin PR move targeted at the international figure skating community.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Well, it's not a major competition and there were already a few articles in the Russian media about it so that's about right. Don't want to overkill. The 3A-2T and 3A slo-mo clips were among a bunch of 15 sent to Phil Hersh so that was a clever Mishin PR move targeted at the international figure skating community.

IMHO,a 3A is 3A, does it really need any PR, I mean, had Lisa landed 3A in competition without any prior PR it would have been a bomb anyway. The only result from Mishin's PR is the enormous pressure piled on Lisa now to land it at Worlds and it is not a good thing. Lisa always had her amazing jumps, what she lacked was consistency and self-belief which she seemed to find at the beginning of this season and build on it. I hope I am wrong but this extra pressure could break this momentum just when the World title is practically hers (easily without 3A)

adelia

Record Breaker
IMHO,a 3A is 3A, does it really need any PR, I mean, had Lisa landed 3A in competition without any prior PR it would have been a bomb anyway. The only result from Mishin's PR is the enormous pressure piled on Lisa now to land it at Worlds and it is not a good thing. Lisa always had her amazing jumps, what she lacked was consistency and self-belief which she seemed to find at the beginning of this season and build on it. I hope I am wrong but this extra pressure could break this momentum just when the World title is practically hers (easily without 3A)
The PR is not for her 3A per se, it's a continuation of Mishin's narrative that Liza will be the one woman who will push ladies figure skating to new and greater heights. A narrative that he has been slowing and gradually writing all season long and a narrative that will continue at least until 2018. Why do it? Because this is how you get that extra PCS boost that the frontrunner always gets. As it is, her style of skating doesn't fit into the typical style that international judges tend to favour. Of course in an ideal world he could just let her skating do all the talking but that's not how it works in figure skating. All the top coaches do PR on behalf of their star students. And what Mishin did by sending Hersh the clips was rather more subtle than approaching the media (Russian or otherwise) and announcing that Liza has been landing 3A combos in practice and that her 3As deserve +2 at the very least. What if Liza can't cope with this level of pressure you say? Then she's not quite ready to be the clear frontrunner because that level of pressure will be even greater than what she is experiencing now.

Tutto

Record Breaker
The PR is not for her 3A per se, it's a continuation of Mishin's narrative that Liza will be the one woman who will push ladies figure skating to new and greater heights. A narrative that he has been slowing and gradually writing all season long and a narrative that will continue at least until 2018. Why do it? Because this is how you get that extra PCS boost that the frontrunner always gets. As it is, her style of skating doesn't fit into the typical style that international judges tend to favour. Of course in an ideal world he could just let her skating do all the talking but that's not how it works in figure skating. All the top coaches do PR on behalf of their star students. And what Mishin did by sending Hersh the clips was rather more subtle than approaching the media (Russian or otherwise) and announcing that Liza has been landing 3A combos in practice and that her 3As deserve +2 at the very least. What if Liza can't cope with this level of pressure you say? Then she's not quite ready to be the clear frontrunner because that level of pressure will be even greater than what she is experiencing now.

It is all very well but landing jumps in practice is nothing and no amount of PR will change that. Up to date Lisa fell on 3 out of 3 attempts to land 3A outside practice (in Estonia, at Gala at Euros and at Bavarian Open) that suggests to me she is not ready. But I guess Mishin knows what he is doing

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't see the WCH title "easily" being Liza's anyway - she and Elena are far too close for that. And that would be if I discounted all the other ladies - and any contretemps that could occur. And I'd never do that. Especially not to my favourite.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
In this case, I'm kinda with melissa_ire. From my perspective, the "PR" (even though it's not inappropriate/worse than what other coaches do) puts unneeded pressure on Liza. Just let her do 3A at her own pace, when it's ready. After Jason's 4CC stint, I'm worried about my favourites throwing out stuff if it's not ready.

On the other hand, Mishin's strategy has been working so far. And the math works in Liza's favour (more when it did in Jason's for that dratted 4T<<). Succeed and she pulls ahead of the pack in the SP. Fail and she doesn't fall too far behind. The problem is, the margins between her and Elena are so slim that even 1 extra point down would probably lose her the title.