Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 66 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you, melissa_ire, for translating the interview.

I love how Liza can "keep it real," while having nice words for her coach and competitors.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
-BTW how are things with romance and suitors?
-For me my career comes first. I do not think seriously about anything else now. But it doesn’t mean that I am on my own. I have suitors, lots of attention. Sometimes I even want to be left alone in peace, want to play my guitar. I can play a little and sing, my friends say it is not too bad

The use of the word "suitors" makes me imagine the beautiful Princess Liza in her palace, with all the handsome young princes of surrounding kingdoms flocking there to try and win her hand. :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
The use of the word "suitors" makes me imagine the beautiful Princess Liza in her palace, with all the handsome young princes of surrounding kingdoms flocking there to try and win her hand. :laugh:

Ah, I can see the scene before me.... There is golden sunshine, she is wearing a beautiful gown and a delicate crown... As it should be.:)

(Nothing's too good for our Liza!)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ah, I can see the scene before me.... There is golden sunshine, she is wearing a beautiful gown and a delicate crown... As it should be.:)

(Nothing's too good for our Liza!)

Her hair in an intricate half-up, half-down braided style, with jewels at her ears and throat...her older brother the King hovers ominously, watching the suitors carefully...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I envision Liza more as a warrior queen conquering all their kingdoms, but... :slink: :laugh:

LRK

Record Breaker
Her hair in an intricate half-up, half-down braided style, with jewels at her ears and throat...her older brother the King hovers ominously, watching the suitors carefully...

Sounds just right...

Her gown is dark blue and gold.

The suitors approach respectfully, trying not to show their quaking when confronting the King's piercing blue stare... "The faint hearted have no business seeking favour in the eyes of my sister - a lioness in spirit and courage!"

LRK

Record Breaker
I envision Liza more as a warrior queen conquering all their kingdoms, but... :slink: :laugh:

No, no! She is kind and gentle of heart - yet bold in spirit! She would help them defend their kingdoms against evil usurpers or cruel aggressors...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
At which point the Princess speaks sharply, "Brother, I am wise enough to choose my own suitor, and have none chosen for me!"

From all over the world they have come, drawn by the rumour of her great beauty and the promise of being close to the throne of the kingdom. The King mistrusts all of them; how could any of them be good enough for his beautiful Princess? Is there, perhaps, amongst this collection of pomp and arrogance, one who might actually be worthy of her hand?

Then the King wonders if any of those soft, quaking princes knows that his sister can defeat all comers in the sword ring...

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
At which point the Princess speaks sharply, "Brother, I am wise enough to choose my own suitor, and have none chosen for me!"

From all over the world they have come, drawn by the rumour of her great beauty and the promise of being close to the throne of the kingdom. The King mistrusts all of them; how could any of them be good enough for his beautiful Princess? Is there, perhaps, amongst this collection of pomp and arrogance, one who might actually be worthy of her hand?

Then the King wonders if any of those soft, quaking princes knows that his sister can defeat all comers in the sword ring...

"Ah, what tests can be devised to check their mettle? Not only is she beautiful and courageous - but also wise and true. My sister herself may know the best means of choosing... "

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
"Ah, what tests can be devised to check their mettle? Not only is she beautiful and courageous - but also wise and true. My sister herself may know the best means of choosing... "

At the thought, the King chuckles, and the suitors quake again; what is he planning?

"One rule only I will insist upon, sister. The one you choose must be able to land a quad upon the ice. All else, is up to you."

LRK

Record Breaker
At the thought, the King chuckles, and the suitors quake again; what is he planning?

"One rule only I will insist upon, sister. The one you choose must be able to land a quad upon the ice. All else, is up to you."

Perfect - Brilliant, karne! :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I'd better get myself a pair of skates and start practicing, then. ;)

So, what do you think is the least amount of time it would take for me to go from not even being able to stay upright on the ice to being able to do a quad... :slink:

In all seriousness, I LOVE the story!!! You guys have a great imagination! And I for one would love to see the story develop! :biggrin:

Thank you for brightening up the start to my day!!! :bow: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
CaroLiza_fan - "He who dares... " and even more applicable: "Faint heart never won fair lady.";)