Emily Hughes Gets a Makeover- New Look for the Skater Heading to Torino | Golden Skate

Emily Hughes Gets a Makeover- New Look for the Skater Heading to Torino

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just watched it RD. I don't know what to say.

Dee

IDLERACER

Medalist
She didn't look all that much different after the haircut. She's still gonna have it all pulled back in either a bun or a ponytail to keep it out of her eyes, so unless she makes it to at least 4th place, and she gets to perform an exhibition, this whole thing is a bit moot.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I watched it. Kind of a weird way to be interviewd. But her hair looks good! lol :laugh:
I have a feeling that that was the only time they could get with her. So, a little bit of compromise went down on her tight schedule.

soogar

Record Breaker
Baby Hughes isn't taking any chances. Getting a big makeover before the games like her sister Sarah... I wonder if she got new costumes from Jeff Billings as well. Maybe she would have had she known she was going to the games at Nationals. ....

Lightning might wind up striking twice...

The new addition for the Teenage Spoilers:
Emily Hughes will now be among that mysterious group of Miki Ando, Carolina Kostner and Kimmie Meissner.

It begs the question, should Irina, Sasha, Shizuka, Fumie get unnecessary nervous over this? (BTW, there is no answer. It's a wait and see.)

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FreeKatie said:
If nothing else, a makeover makes a girl feel prettier and that helps a gal's confidence.
That's what Emily said too.

Dee

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
FreeKatie said:
If nothing else, a makeover makes a girl feel prettier and that helps a gal's confidence.
Yep! A new hair do can really change a girls out look on life,if it gives her a little confidence boost,then more power to her!:agree: Go Emily!:rock:

jsteam4501s

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Emily Hughes will now be among that mysterious group of Miki Ando, Carolina Kostner and Kimmie Meissner.

Joe

Ummm.....Am I missing something here? What's "mysterious" about Kimmie?
She's right there, she's open and enthusiastic. That's why I like her so much. Doesn't need one ounce of makeup - nice,honest looks - no pretension - no "glamorous" demeanor - it's just Kimmie.

Gimmie Kimmie!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

jsteam4501s said:
Ummm.....Am I missing something here? What's "mysterious" about Kimmie?
She's right there, she's open and enthusiastic. That's why I like her so much. Doesn't need one ounce of makeup - nice,honest looks - no pretension - no "glamorous" demeanor - it's just Kimmie.Gimmie Kimmie!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm misunderstood! Bad use of the word mysterious I used the word about the now 4 teenagers collectively for one of them to mysteriously win the GOLD. the other top competitors are all 'over the hill' 20s. It seems posters are not rooting for a teenager this Olys.

Joe

millie

Medalist
soogar said:
Baby Hughes isn't taking any chances. Getting a big makeover before the games like her sister Sarah... I wonder if she got new costumes from Jeff Billings as well. Maybe she would have had she known she was going to the games at Nationals. ....

Lightning might wind up striking twice...

She has a new costume. The same designer also made Irinas. As a matter of fact, she has Irina's costume with her. She is supposed to hand deliver it to Irina when Irina arrives at the Games. The designer didn't know how she was going to get to Irina, so Emily said that she would do. Ain't that nice.:thumbsup:

IDLERACER

Medalist
THIS popped up on my Verizon homepage today. You know, I do believe this person has a great shot at the podium.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I also heard she's delivering Irina's costume to her...(she has the same designer as her)...