Emily Hughes Gets a Makeover- New Look for the Skater Heading to Torino | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Emily Hughes Gets a Makeover- New Look for the Skater Heading to Torino

S

SkateFan4Life

Joesitz said:
I'm misunderstood! Bad use of the word mysterious I used the word about the now 4 teenagers collectively for one of them to mysteriously win the GOLD. the other top competitors are all 'over the hill' 20s. It seems posters are not rooting for a teenager this Olys.

Joe

IMHO, it wasn't totally "mysterious" for Oksana Baiul, Tara Lipinski, and Sarah Hughes to win Olympic gold medals. Oksana and Tara were defending World Champions when they won their gold medals, and Sarah Hughes was the reigning World bronze medalist and had competed at Worlds in 1999, 2000, and 2001 prior to the Olympics.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ando is 18, Kostner is 19, Kimmie is 16 and Emily is 17. Ando and Kostner have a realistic shot at a medal if they skate extremely well because both of them have been Senior competitors for a couple of years and have more than one Worlds under their belts.

Age has nothing to do with it. Kimmie and Emily are neophytes at a major Senior competition, and neither has compiled outstanding results on the Senior GP. They are totally new to most of the ISU judges, and newbies don't get much respect from the judges in the PCS scores. When skaters like Sasha (upper 7s) and Irina (low 8s) get those high PCS scores, they can make mistakes and still place above skaters who get upper 5s/low-to-mid 6s.

IDLERACER

Medalist
At one time Emily actually included a cantilever move in her act. If THIS picture is any indication, she sure does it alot better than that Klimkin fellow.

IDLERACER

Medalist
She's going to medal. Click HERE and then scroll down to the picture of her in black, holding on to her skate and click on that. All I can say is "wow."

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
She didn't look all that much different after the haircut. She's still gonna have it all pulled back in either a bun or a ponytail to keep it out of her eyes, so unless she makes it to at least 4th place, and she gets to perform an exhibition, this whole thing is a bit moot.
I agree.

millie

Medalist
Emily's hair seems like it's never clean, it has this greasy look to it. But it's a tad better than Kimmies. Why do she tie it back so tight. It would look a lot nicer to the side. and then taken back to the pony tail. I suppose they don't have time to fool with their hair with all that practising. I suppose who cares about their hair when they skate so well.:)

Justafan

On the Ice
amazes me they spend so much money on their dresses and can't be bothered to fix their hair.

lindasaffell

Rinkside
SP Costume

Hi All,

Well, I don't care if she wants to get a makeover before the Olys or not. I just have to say that I think that her SP costume was gorgeous.:clap: