Empathy For Skaters in the Olympic Season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Empathy For Skaters in the Olympic Season

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well now that skating is over my heart goes out to Evgenia. She is such an amazing skater and I liked her presentation of her programs. A great champion who skated cleanly but with the system favoring backloading she couldn't beat Zagitova. Imagine winning everything working towards perfection and being beaten by a younger phenom in part because of the scoring system.

Gabby Daleman - we all have bad days - too bad her's was the olympics

Gabby P. the costume malfunction is a nightmare but she handled it with class, dignity and great fortitude. the only kind of silver lining no pun intended the costume shouldn't have effected the overall results. V and M deserved the gold and the judges were more than kind in the sd scoring for the French.

Though I think by far the right team won ice dance I have great sympathy and empathy for the French. P/C were close and were the faves after the GP finals. That's tough - they looked like Davis and White 2014- nothingwas goingto stopthem the judges hadit in their mind they were gold. V and M really worked hard since the GP finals andallthe changespaid off.

Satoko - so close to a medal but just too many good skaters for her to get bronze.

Nathan- with the weight of the world or at least the US and huge expectations and to crumble in two short programs the individual one even being more of a nightmare. But he got back up and wonteh freeskate. Also on the positive he was darn lucky he made the freeskate - not one successful jumping pass in the short usually means farewell long program.

Tarasova and Morosov - being in fourth is always tough so close to a medal but to see the pain of Tarasova. It was heartbreaking - fortunately the cameras eventually cut away from her pain.