Eunsoo Lim to be coached by Arutunian | Golden Skate

Eunsoo Lim to be coached by Arutunian

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Good for her and good for Raf. She's my favorite Korean girl at the moment. Still, I would like to see a bit more PCS-focused coach for her but maybe they are going to go with the more difficult jumps(Aiming for 3A/quads?).

Hollymolly

Medalist
Good for her and good for Raf. She's my favorite Korean girl at the moment. Still, I would like to see a bit more PCS-focused coach for her but maybe they are going to go with the more difficult jumps(Aiming for 3A/quads?).

Recently, In korean interview, she don’t aim for 3A or quads. She said just focused more on something what she has (3-3) and what she lacks ( steps, spins..)
I looking forward her senior debut!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Recently, In korean interview, she don’t aim for 3A or quads. She said just focused more on something what she has (3-3) and what she lacks ( steps, spins..)

We'll see. Nathan has been known to say the same thing.

Rafael is not a name that would spring to mind for working on spin levels and steps. (The antithesis actually). He might help Eunsoo with her consistency.

But if I was a talented young ladies skater looking at the current competition, I would go to him for other reasons.

Hollymolly

Medalist
@Ice Dance / Me either.. But Eunsoo still has some minal problem at jumps( I think because of her growing), and maybe They will provide more good coaching than Korea. I hope it is work well with Eunsoo!

andromache

Record Breaker
I think Raf could help her with her consistency.

His students aren't the most well-rounded in terms of spins, skating skills, etc., but that seems to partially be due to who his top students tend to be and their particular strengths and weaknesses.

I do think training alongside someone like Marin would be good for her.

tars

Record Breaker
Mariah Bell, Marin Honda, Eunsoo Lim. :dbana:

Rafael Arutunian's group has just become the most attractive pack in figure skating, period. :love:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
The collected good looks and photogenicness of Raf’s group (not just the ladies but also including Nathan) is going to set Lakewood Ice on 🔥🔥🔥

At least one Eunsoo fan isn’t a fan of this move - yikes
https://mobile.twitter.com/letsgocrazysp/status/986607177304551424

- - - Updated - - -

Raf’s group FTW 😍😍

Raf's group FTW:yes::yes: but I like Alina tho. Also, since everyone is gushing about Raf's jump coaching ability and moved to him apparently, Why Karen did not move to there already, she is the one that really needs some help on jumps. and she is the "sis" of Nathan.

shine

Record Breaker
Raf's group FTW:yes::yes: but I like Alina tho. Also, since everyone is gushing about Raf's jump coaching ability and moved to him apparently, Why Karen did not move to there already, she is the one that really needs some help on jumps. and she is the "sis" of Nathan.
Maybe she reads these boards and have read your opinions of Raf? :confused2:

aname

On the Ice
Rafael is not a name that would spring to mind for working on spin levels and steps. (The antithesis actually).
Based on what Ashley, Adam and Nathan have told, it's mainly Nadia and Vera who work on the spins and steps and SS.

Talking about Team Raf as if there's only Raf himself and therefore attention paid only to jumps and not on spin levels and steps... Well, that is somewhat misleading.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Team Raf is of course not only Raf, but also the lovely Nadia and Vera.

But ... have there been skaters who noticeably improved in steps, spins and SS since joining his team? Genuinely curious.

Izabela

On the Ice
Raf was not the coach I had in mind for Eunsoo. This is really surprising. Like with Marin, it’s hard to be too happy about it. Hmmmm

andromache

Record Breaker
Team Raf is of course not only Raf, but also the lovely Nadia and Vera.

But ... have there been skaters who noticeably improved in steps, spins and SS since joining his team? Genuinely curious.

Not that I am aware of.

But for the most part, his "big" skaters, aside from Nathan, have mostly consisted of skaters whose biggest problem is jumps (Ashley, Adam, Mariah, Brezina), so if jumps are the biggest problem, it makes sense that is what they primarily work on.