Eurovision 2024 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Eurovision 2024

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
It wasn't that bad. (Doesn't refer to my hangover.)
I actually said it. Nobody paid attention. Everyone was busy opening champagne and celebrating the fact that Latvia has broken its Eurovision Curse and is through to the final. At some point, I realized that I didn't remember the title of Latvia's song. I asked my dear compatriots I was celebrating with and I learned that this song was widely known to the public as "Dons song" and that there was also an alternative title "Google it". Oh, dear. As if it did matter. Deep inside, I anyway doubt that we got to the final truly because of the power of song. Especially given that there was an Irish witch which could overdo a bit while lifting Ireland's Eurovison Curse and lift a few more curses as well ;)

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Oh, and the most important question today: Who will win? Do you have any predictions?

Country
Norway
Very sad to read that Joost Klein and the Netherlands are disqualified from competing in the final tonight :( Due to an ongoing investigation after the semi final between Joost and a female production worker. Swedish police are involved, but I don´t know the details. Of course if it´s serious matter disqualification is the right thing, I just hope it´s not something that is blown out of the proportion and it´s due to the investigation in itself that he can´t compete.

Edit: I don´t want to speculate too much, but I read that it´s not physical abuse but it should be about a verbal incidence and threats.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
It´s been a lot of other drama as well, harassing from different delegations... During the press conference some participants did not act nice when Eden spoke, pretending they were bored etc.. Also people are saying that Israels delegations have been harassing other delegations as well. I don´t like at all what is going on in this competition, seems to be very tense and hostile between countries. Can´t we all be friends? :(

Israel might actually win tonight, if the leaked public votes from Italian broadcaster is right, Israel might win the public vote and if they have enough jury votes as well they might win over Croatia. This is going to upset a lot of people.

Anna K.

Medalist
Country
Latvia
It´s been a lot of other drama as well, harassing from different delegations... During the press conference some participants did not act nice when Eden spoke, pretending they were bored etc.. Also people are saying that Israels delegations have been harassing other delegations as well. I don´t like at all what is going on in this competition, seems to be very tense and hostile between countries. Can´t we all be friends? :(

Israel might actually win tonight, if the leaked public votes from Italian broadcaster is right, Israel might win the public vote and if they have enough jury votes as well they might win over Croatia. This is going to upset a lot of people.
What's going on?! Is it a negative news contest?! :eek:

But I must say that I almost voted for the Israeli song myself. (Screw the upset politicking people, it's a song contest.) I was torn between Israelis who had a cool staging and Estonians who were cool themselves. So in the end, I voted for Norway.