Evgeni Plushenko | Page 84 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^I think he's still planning to do Panin Memorial? (Also, what a build in the music, plus the little denouement at the end! I can see this being good skating music).

:thumbsup:

I would add to PLushy's unique skillset: the first male skater who did donut spin.
It's one of the five innovations. Five = 4-3-2, 3A-1/2Lo-3F, Biellmann spin, Biellmann spiral, donut spin. I didn't count the 4-3-3 since he did that when he was 20. Can Kovtun do a donut spin? I don't remember him doing one, but half the Russian men are doing donuts these days so I can't be sure. :p

LRK

Record Breaker
^I think he's still planning to do Panin Memorial? (Also, what a build in the music, plus the little denouement at the end! I can see this being good skating music).

And there are slower sections for a skater to catch their breath... And it's a nice length for an LP too. It's as if it were written with FS in mind.... :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

It's one of the five innovations. Five = 4-3-2, 3A-1/2Lo-3F, Biellmann spin, Biellmann spiral, donut spin. I didn't count the 4-3-3 since he did that when he was 20. Can Kovtun do a donut spin? I don't remember him doing one, but half the Russian men are doing donuts these days so I can't be sure. :p

I don't know if he's doing them any more, but he used to.

Chipi's gossip/fanfiction comments about Artur, Maxim and TAT were amusing. Too bad they were deleted. :biggrin:

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, I forgot to ask - when is Panin Memorial? In the winter? Autumn? I wonder when we'll start getting hints/info... not that I'm impatient or curious or anything...

@galiavich - I especially liked how TAT wanted to steal away Artur from Mishin to hurt Mishin - but yet how Artur was Doomed anyway? I mean, the only real way to hurt Mishin (assuming such a thing would hurt him - which I highly doubt but at least there'd be some logic!) was to take away Artur... and turn him into a Resounding Success, and then rub Mishin's having failed to do so in his face... Well, we all like to have our cake and eat it to, I suppose, only most of us realise it's impossible.;) And all this briliance is now gone from the board forever? How sad... sighs...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It seems the Panin Memorial is from Oct. 21 - 24. I think that overlaps with that golf tournament in China...and he has other things going on that month as well. I don't think he will be ready or available then. :no: Unless he sends his hologram?

Poor Artur, just an innocent pawn in a giant chess game he knows nothing about. :rofl:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't know if he's doing them any more, but he used to.

Chipi's gossip/fanfiction comments about Artur, Maxim and TAT were amusing. Too bad they were deleted. :biggrin:
Well, now we could say Plushy has a better donut spin than Kovtun, even by the time he was 22. :p

Were those comments deleted? I think remember still seeing them last night!

Maybe no Panin Memorial then. Ah well.

LRK

Record Breaker
That's great! And I agree, those montages are something else..

I don't know if this has been posted here yet? Plushy/Yags:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8f0gDVtoc8

@Meoima - I think you in particular will enjoy this - I think it is very well done indeed. :) An Epic Montage for an Epic Rivalry. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
That's great! And I agree, those montages are something else..
I don't know if this has been posted here yet? Plushy/Yags:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8f0gDVtoc8
@Meoima - I think you in particular will enjoy this - I think it is very well done indeed. :) An Epic Montage for an Epic Rivalry. :)
:love: I am so in love with their epic rivalry. Had Alexei's body not said stop, I am sure he would have tried his best to fight all the way to Turin to meet Plushy there!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:love: I am so in love with their epic rivalry. Had Alexei's body not said stop, I am sure he would have tried his best to fight all the way to Turin to meet Plushy there!
Ah, but that'll ruin the dichotomy: The normal man who won Olympic gold and retired vs. the crazy man who just won't stop competing. :p

Meoima

Match Penalty
Ah, but that'll ruin the dichotomy: The normal man who won Olympic gold and retired vs. the crazy man who just won't stop competing. :p
I am sure Plushy would love to have Alexei competed against him in Turin as well. We all know how competitive they are. I remember an interview after 2002 and before 2006 in which Alexei was asked who would he think could win the OGM in 2006? He replied without any hesitation: Evgeni. :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I am sure Plushy would love to have Alexei competed against him in Turin as well. We all know how competitive they are. I remember an interview after 2002 and before 2006 in which Alexei was asked who would he think could win the OGM in 2006? He replied without any hesitation: Evgeni. :laugh:
To be fair, that wasn't exactly a difficult call. :p (This was before the 2005 Worlds WD and the surgery, which were the only things that put Plushy in doubt... probably a good thing in retrospect, since he escaped the reigning WC curse). Also, see my post on your coaches thread, with the speculation that Plushy wears black in eternal mourning for the rivalry.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
On the Plushenko Official Forum is a translated version of a news article which says Brian Joubert has arrived in Russia to sign contracts for Plushy's new ice show. Johnny Weir also just arrived in Moscow, and Plushy is in Moscow, sighted at an auto salon there yesterday. Coincidence? I think not...

LRK

Record Breaker
On the Plushenko Official Forum is a translated version of a news article which says Brian Joubert has arrived in Russia to sign contracts for Plushy's new ice show. Johnny Weir also just arrived in Moscow, and Plushy is in Moscow, sighted at an auto salon there yesterday. Coincidence? I think not...

(fan scream - swoons - recovers) Oh, my! Woohoo! Yay! And so on.

Or in other words... I do not find this turn of events entirely displeasing. ;)

LRK

Record Breaker
According to this:

LMDJ@MaisonDeJoubert · 2 tim

#BrianJoubert and Katarina Gerboldt @1katarinochka will participate as a pair in Christmas show of @EvgeniPlushenko
http://itar-tass.com/sport/1408309

He'll be skating pairs! Wow! That's so cool that we'll be getting to see that so early.

(Maybe this should be added to the Brian/Katarina thread, though - I think you started that one galiavich? I've forgotten what it was called?)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I didn't start the Brian/Katarina thread...just the one about Dance Avec Les Stars (which should be coming up pretty soon...a couple weeks maybe?). Which makes me wonder when he is going to find the time to train with her? I don't know how long that show runs...of course, he might always get kicked off early, but we hope he won't, right? Brian likes to win!

LRK

Record Breaker
I didn't start the Brian/Katarina thread...just the one about Dance Avec Les Stars

Ah, I got those two threads confused then!

(which should be coming up pretty soon...a couple weeks maybe?). Which makes me wonder when he is going to find the time to train with her? I don't know how long that show runs...of course, he might always get kicked off early, but we hope he won't, right? Brian likes to win!

The article said that he was basically tied up with other stuff until early 2015 - I think the Dance Avec Les Stars thing in... September? (Unless I misremember, which I think I've just proven is quite likely. ;) ) And some Japanese stuff? Shows maybe? And that they wouldn't start serious training until after that. I suppose they won't be doing too advanced stuff for Plushy's show in terms of technical content - but it would still be fun to see them skate together. And if not... well, I'm fine seeing Brian skating by himself too. ;)

As for Dance Avec Les Stars... Yeah, let's wish him to win the thing! Allez, Baboo! :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
LRK, remember when we talked about making a Team France thread when Brian gets a partner? Well, now I dunno if Brian even belongs to a Team France thread, so we're back to square one and Brian's still Fan Fest-less. (I did make a "versus" thread starring him, but I might've just made him into a chew toy for the Lambiel fans. :laugh:). Maybe make a Brian-specific thread after all, even if it's just one or two people there...?

LRK

Record Breaker
Yeah, when I saw that thread I was afraid how it would be... Actually, it's turned out better than I thought. :) I thought that Brian would just get mocked and scoffed at... and actually most posters seem to be giving him some serious thought, and more credit than I expected. So, maybe it was not entirely in vain? ;)

Maybe we should - Brian deserves a Fan Fest thread, darn it! I'm sure Plushy would say so. ;)