Fantasy on Ice 2023 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Fantasy on Ice 2023

yesterday

Record Breaker
Oh no, I liked how the pony tail moved in spins. Bye, bye pony tail 🥹
Or in between!
One last time:

deniss-vasiljevs-of-latvia-competes-in-the-mens-free-skating-during-the-isu-grand-prix-of.jpg

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Pictures of the skaters from Niigata (the Denis one came from this collection, but I thought the others deserved a showing :biggrin:)

The second set is Yuzuru, and there are a few that show the costumes and some of the other skaters in them for the opening and closing.

Not as, umm, unique outfits shall we say -? as for the first leg... I loved the ones of Lambiel and Mura, and Satoko's green dress is gorgeous. And Kaori may not be one of my best favourites but that smile -!

Magill

Record Breaker
The cast coming off the stage on the last day in Niigata, already thinking about Kobe ...

Magill

Record Breaker
Johnny Weir's very emotional farewell - and his very wise words, to all of us, not just about skating - as tomorrow's FaOI in Kobe is to be his last show ever...

Last edited:

Magill

Record Breaker
So the last show is behind us and so is FaOI 2023. But what a show it was!
Full of splendid performances, emotions running high, tears shed on the ice, standing ovations, banners and flowers, phone light messages from the audience, more tears, and more hugs, and more flowers, and more farewells. The unexpected high point of the show was Yuzuru skating Johnny's Otonal step sequence as a tribute to him and two of them doing the triumphant Prince move together throughout the rink.
And everything was broadcast live on Japanese TV and in cinemas, and re-streamed (unofficially) online.
Every great skater should have a farewell just like this on their last show!
Here's a link for those who wish to watch the Grand Finale, which was especially long and elaborate this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8rfD-_-nUI

And here's the warm farewell message from Johnny and Yuzuru:

Last edited: