Favourite unique spin entrances | Golden Skate

Favourite unique spin entrances

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Yesterday i was rewatching an old russian competition from 2017, i came across Ekaterina Kurakova (btw i forgot how amazing she was even back then) free skate video, and towards the end of her flamenco/spanish routine she does a flying layback spin, i think it's the first time i've ever seen that :eek:

https://youtu.be/40WarCrSFtY?t=195

In this day and age where most skaters have pretty much the same entrances for all spins: the illusion into the layback, the stars into the flying camel,... it's quite refreshing to see unique entrances not just for jumps but for spins as well.

What is your favourite unique spin entrance?

macy

Record Breaker
i really like spin entrances right out of a footwork/choreo sequence. you never know they're coming and are woven so well into the choreography.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was going to say how much I love Papadakis and Cizeron's low Ina Bauers into a spin in their FD this year, but that's actually a stationary lift, not a spin, whoops!

Alexia Paganini was experimenting with a flying layback a couple of seasons ago but hasn't done it since; it's very dangerous even when you do the accepted 'safe' version of landing and then getting into the layback position within two rotations.

lappo

Final Flight
I really liked when Trusova had her cantilever into spin in her Kill Bill SP last year; I adore cantilevers but they don't always fit the program/music, in that case I think the move was really well incorporated in the program and fitted it very well.