First Posts on Competition Threads | Page 2 | Golden Skate

First Posts on Competition Threads

labgoat

Now updating the 6.0 rewatches with new videos
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mmmm. I'm not sure if I can help you on that one. The IceCalc site was before my time, so I don't know much about it. But, that archived page looks like it could be useful for me when I eventually come to revise my tables, so thank you.

That's right enough. The home page of the ISU Results site has always been a blank page. If you click on the corresponding link for the old site, http://www.isuresults.com, you will find the same.

I have no idea why the ISU decided to just leave the home page blank. It would be handy if it would have links to the different sections of the site - Bios; Event Pages; Results Pages; Statistics; etc.

But, what do you expect? This is the ISU, after all! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan
Thanks for your prompt reply. Glad the IceCalc link is helpful. Bumbling idiots arę running the ISU site.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a new version of the "times in other places" site that is much easier (for me) to use. I would love it if that could be linked to.

Am I crazy or were the fan fest threads linked to the skaters in the past? Or am I not looking in the right place?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I link to FF for Grand Prix, ISU Championships, and Japanese, US, and Russian National Championships- all events where most, if not all, skaters have fan fests. I will be doing so again this season.

I tried the new version of time and date, and do not like it. I reported my problems with it to the developers, but they have not fixed the problem.

But please tell me what you like about it? Or are you speaking of a different app altogether?

Perhaps I can find a work around.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I link to FF for Grand Prix, ISU Championships, and Japanese, US, and Russian National Championships- all events where most, if not all, skaters have fan fests. I will be doing so again this season.

I tried the new version of time and date, and do not like it. I reported my problems with it to the developers, but they have not fixed the problem.

But please tell me what you like about it? Or are you speaking of a different app altogether?

Perhaps I can find a work around.
It's just a much bigger font and easier for my eyes to see and I have no idea what UTC is or how to convert it, so it's like "It's 11 am in New York you big dummy Moonvine" and not it's UTC minus whenever and then in tiny font New York 11 am. But I can just click the link and get the one I prefer, so it's more than fine.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
UTC is what used to be called Greenwich Mean Time.

So UTC-4 means the time is 4 hours earlier than the time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich.

What I don't like is that I can't just quickly edit the link to change the date and time.