Flying spin vs spin with flying entrance | Golden Skate

Flying spin vs spin with flying entrance

Elija

On the Ice
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between a flying spin and spin with flying entrance? It is specified for adult gold that there must be a flying spin OR spin with flying entrance. I thought they were the same - or does flying spin include a spin with a jump in it??? I thought that was just a feature. Confusing wording, can't find any clarification on the ISU website.

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Could you clarify: are you speaking for Adult Gold Free Skate test or competition?
If you're in the USA, you'll need to look on the US Figure Skating website (which can take some search time).

Elija

On the Ice
Could you clarify: are you speaking for Adult Gold Free Skate test or competition?
If you're in the USA, you'll need to look on the US Figure Skating website (which can take some search time).
Competition. I’m not in the USA. This was what is in the ISU freeskate list of requirements elements, and is the same in my country for competition. I will see if my coach can ask one of the judges or tech people or something, but won’t see him till next week, so just thought I’d ask if anyone here knew.

Elija

On the Ice
This might help you but it's from 2018:
https://info.skatecanada.ca/index.p...equirements.html#h2-4-adult-gold-free-skating

Under the Adult Gold Free Skating paragraph, under spins, hover over the bullet point "One must be a flying spin". An explanation box will come up.
Thanks! That kind of helps. I’m assuming it’s basically just any spin with a flying entrance. They seem to use different terminology for different levels even though they are all flying spins.