Fournier Beaudry and Soerensen are gunning for gold | Golden Skate

Fournier Beaudry and Soerensen are gunning for gold

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

We caught up with Laurence Fournier Beaudry and Nikolaj Soerensen before they kick off their 2023-2024 season at #CSFigure Finlandia Trophy. Tune in as they detail their choice of Rhythm Dance music from the movie "Top Gun" and Free Dance to "The Hunchback of Notre Dame!"

They also lay down their golden aspirations in Montreal, Quebec, at the 2024 World Figure Skating Championships and hint that while they approach their competitive career season-by-season, they may have Olympic aspirations.

Here's hoping they have a successful and injury-free season!

What are your thoughts on the choice of music?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the last few minutes when talking about IAM are great too. Pretty much : people who are there are happy to be there. If not, they don't stay. It's been mentioned a lot but the camaraderie at IAM seems to be really positive.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

We caught up with Laurence Fournier Beaudry and Nikolaj Soerensen before they kick off their 2023-2024 season at #CSFigure Finlandia Trophy. Tune in as they detail their choice of Rhythm Dance music from the movie "Top Gun" and Free Dance to "The Hunchback of Notre Dame!"

They also lay down their golden aspirations in Montreal, Quebec, at the 2024 World Figure Skating Championships and hint that while they approach their competitive career season-by-season, they may have Olympic aspirations.

Here's hoping they have a successful and injury-free season!

What are your thoughts on the choice of music?

I really was pulling for this team. LIke several Canadian teams for whatever reason, warranted or not, they kind of get forgotten. There is something mesmorizing and likeable about them. They had some momementum beating the world champs but now disaster at Finlandia. They are losing ground. There are some vulnerable teams or teams that can move up and down Italy, Britain, Canada, USA, France all have teams that could do very well or end up on the short end of the stick. INstead of looking like world medal challengers they have had a rough start. I hope they can come back. I am with ice dancing hoping almost all top teams get a moment in the next few years. Someone is going to be very lucky and get an OGM. I know that is not nice to say but none of theteams in my opinion stand out as sensational but there is no PC, Virtue and Moir, Davis and white or greats like Gritschul and Platov, Bestmianova and Bukin, Torvill and Dean, even Krylova and Okiankov or Klimova and Ponoamarenko or Usova and Zhulin. These are good teams but not overly "special" - granted it is a whole new world in dance.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I really was pulling for this team. LIke several Canadian teams for whatever reason, warranted or not, they kind of get forgotten. There is something mesmorizing and likeable about them. They had some momementum beating the world champs but now disaster at Finlandia. They are losing ground. There are some vulnerable teams or teams that can move up and down Italy, Britain, Canada, USA, France all have teams that could do very well or end up on the short end of the stick. INstead of looking like world medal challengers they have had a rough start. I hope they can come back. I am with ice dancing hoping almost all top teams get a moment in the next few years. Someone is going to be very lucky and get an OGM. I know that is not nice to say but none of theteams in my opinion stand out as sensational but there is no PC, Virtue and Moir, Davis and white or greats like Gritschul and Platov, Bestmianova and Bukin, Torvill and Dean, even Krylova and Okiankov or Klimova and Ponoamarenko or Usova and Zhulin. These are good teams but not overly "special" - granted it is a whole new world in dance.
They are not losing ground at all. Did you watch the entire event? They had a huge and costly mishap on twizzles. One element went down and cost them the win. They came back very strong and won the FD despite skating super early. LaLa also had a rough start and I am sure they will also come back strong. We haven't seen Chock and Bates and Piper and Paul, and guess what? I am expecting them to also have some issues... maybe not a fall on twizzles but whatever. :) It's much better to have this sort of mistake early in a Challenger event compared to GPF or ISU championships. Some teams have a strategy to dominate early to create some sort of momentum like GF and FG.... I think all the Canadian teams and top 2 American teams are aiming to peak a bit later.

I think the Canes have beautiful programs this year and they will drive the Montreal audience crazy with these.
I agree with you they are mesmerizing.

Last edited: