Fournier Beaudry and Soerensen: 'We will be back next year' | Golden Skate

Fournier Beaudry and Soerensen: 'We will be back next year'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canada's Laurence Beaudry Fournier and Nikolaj Soerensen discuss the satisfaction of becoming Canadian National Champions and their longing to compete against Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier. The 2022 NHK Trophy winners also talk about the training approach behind this season’s breakthrough results, how they beat Madison Chock and Evan Bates, and their desire to compete at least one more season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
YAY!!!!! Happy they are planning to compete next year : Montreal worlds !!!!!

Again, thank you for such a great interview. Ted knows how to get the best out of the skaters with smart questions and letting them answer them fully. Nik is a talker :) Another reason why I like this team so much !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I finally found the time to watch this (and listen). Really nice interview. I enjoyed listening to their change in how they view skating. I always love joyfulness!
they are so personable :) Nik is hilarious. I met him a few years back when they were still skating for Denmark. It was at Autumn Classic I think... in any case, there was a huge line up for Lolo by many young skaters who probably know her from skating clubs etc... and Nik was there, a tall man, (he is about 6'2 I would say) looking, amused at her getting so much attention. I showed up and talked to him briefly and he signed my note book... He has beautiful handwriting... but he was even more amused that I , an almost as tall man with facial hair and somewhat messy appearance from leaving early that morning to attend the event and sitting down all day at the rink... was asking for his autograph and not Lolo's :) I think he was surprised to get a bit of attention in the sea of Lolo's fans. In any case, super nice, adorable, charming people with lots of love and respect for each other. This interview shows this as well. On my top 10 list of skating interviews of all time ! I am thrilled I will probably get to see them skate again next year in Montreal or perhaps in a summer/fall event.