Free Dance | Golden Skate

Free Dance

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I'm just happy that Gregory and Petukhov still finished 4th even though they were fifth in the free dance.

Now we will see how Navka/Kostomarov can handle Belbin/Agosto in Cup of Russia. Should be very interesting :)

As much as I dislike Tosca for any kind of figure skating, it is better than an African version of Bach. Congrats to N/K for knocking this off.

Interesting comment about the French team, and I think Gregory and Petukhov are holding their own against these veterans.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
So glad I'm not alone Joe!

I too dislike the African Bach. It seemed to get many rave reviews after NHK so I kept my mouth shut for a change. I don't follow Dance as much as I do the other diciplines, but it seems over the years many "top" couples have used jungle beat kinds of music, which has just never appealed to me. Mingling it with Bach didn't make it any better as far as I'm concerned. I know it's about the skating, but music and costumes that I don't care for REALLY distract me from "seeing" the actual quality of the skating.

I know, I know, it's a Personal Problem! :)

DG

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know what happened with the 3rd French team, Petetin/Jost? They didn't do their FS. Are they injured? They are scheduled to compete at Cup of Russia next week.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I personally LOVE the BUL African Bach program.. Great diversity and interpretation in music.. I'm sorry but Tosca is getting old.. It's is much over used music just like Swan Lake is.. All the millions of musicians and artists out there and they go back to the same ole over used programs.. Don't get me wrong.. I love the Russian team.. Navka is lovely and their lines and lifts are far supierior than than any other dance team.. Although, this year if both teams skate up to par I would let the BUL team win...

lulu

Final Flight
I am so excited about worlds this year.

In my opinion, ice dancing is the most innovative, unique, artistic and creative discipline out there.
About the DenSta's FD: I like the DenStas. I like teams that are innovative and push boundries. And I think that their Handel FD from last year, was a masterpiece. This FD, quite frankly isn't. Their costumes are gorgeous though. But I was either laughing or rolling my eyes the entire time to notice their great basics. It has (and I've never thought I say this about DenSta) too much possing. I usually like avant garde stuff and I like the DenSta-I just don't like this FD.
I really dislike their OD this year.
NavKos: I like this team a lot even though in retrospect, I would of had them behind DenSta at worlds. and I think Tosca is a better program than the PinkPanther. Is it the best Tosca ever skated? No. But I have a lot of for Navkos' trying to up their difficulty and stay smooth and polish. This could be a great program by the end of the year. Their lines and basics(esp. hers) are probably the best in the world right now. And IMO, Navka is like a relic from a bygone era of ice dance
DelSch: I absolutely adore this team. And IMO they were seriously robbed a few times last year(okay I don't really have any proof of this-I just like them). Oliver is fantastic; and they have the difficulites in spades. However it will be a cold day in hell before they can beat either NavKos or DenSta even if they deserve too

Eeyora

Final Flight
I personally don't care for either Free Dance. I too am sick of hearing Tosca and I can't get the music out of my head. It is a shame because I do love the music. While I love Denkova and Stayviski, the program is way to much. There way to much posing. It looks rediculous.

felicity1982

Spectator
I really like denkova and stavisky's free dance very much.
I think they are better than Novoka's
they should be the No 1

Lyoshie

Spectator
chuckm said:
Does anyone know what happened with the 3rd French team, Petetin/Jost? They didn't do their FS. Are they injured? They are scheduled to compete at Cup of Russia next week.

Yes, they had withdrawn for injury (guess it happenned when they felt in their OD).

Kitty

Rinkside
That's right !

She fell during their OD on the step sequence and apparently injured her back ... She will be off the ice for about 6 months !!! :cry: Poor Roxanne ! Get well soon ! ;)

Last edited: