FSU down? | Golden Skate

FSU down?

guinevere

Final Flight
Sorry to board-drag, but is anyone else having problems accessing FSU today? I had no problem getting on earlier today, but now it won't load. I am not having problems with any other site, and I've tried it on 2 different computers, with 2 different internet connections.

guinevere

Final Flight
so nice to see familiar faces :biggrin:

I'm glad to know it's not just me. I've had a day filled with weird computer stuff, so I'm just glad it's not a problem on my end.

ps it's genevieve from FSU!

guinevere

Final Flight
I think since around 4:30pm PST (7:30 your time).

Maybe Sharpie's sick of us...:sheesh:

But yes, I am sad without le snark! :laugh:

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Thanks. Maybe all the egos on the Political Correctness threads exploded and crashed the site:chorus: :rofl:

Lynn226

On the Ice
I think that all the discussion about the Grand Prix may have crashed the board.

I guess the FSU people will just have to hang out here.

Last edited:

Lee

Rinkside
It's a conspiracy.

No, we don't know what the problem is. The company that operates the server has been notified but, it's also the middle of the night for Sharpie (and the server company) right now, so she's probably unaware that there's a problem.

guinevere

Final Flight
Lynn226 said:
I think that all the discussion about the Grand Prix may have crashed the board.
I'm so bad - I barely read any of the skating threads during the summer. :cool:

I keep trying to rep people here :biggrin:

guinevere

Final Flight
As long as they're confined to one thread, I couldn't care less about their begging :lol:

I'm wondering if the JonBenet thread did it...

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
guinevere said:
As long as they're confined to one thread, I couldn't care less about their begging :lol:

I'm wondering if the JonBenet thread did it...

Same problem. Deleted 'cause I'm being obnoxious

Last edited:

SkateCynic

Rinkside
:banging: Hopefully we'll have the issue fixed soon and FSU will be up and back to the usual off-season voids :biggrin: .

Not to be a ninny, but we need to honor GoldenSkate's rules about board dragging. FSU is where our brand of Le Snark needs to stay - we don't need to bring any of our craziness over here. :p

mmscfdcsu

On the Ice
Good point. Snark contained. However, if this board crashes we welcome all of the stressed out GS posters at FSU. We will return the hospitality.

SkateCynic

Rinkside
mmscfdcsu said:
Good point. Snark contained. However, if this board crashes we welcome all of the stressed out GS posters at FSU. We will return the hospitality.

Absolutely! :clap: Hopefully this won't happen to GS, but if it does, our doors are always open :)

Guinivere, I hope I didn't come across as being snooty (though I'm going to have to crawl in the bed to recover from being called "m'aam" - now I feel old!! :p :laugh: )

Ahhhhh (sigh of relief)... FSU in exile!

Anyone want to discuss:

- places to go/stay in Italy (my bf & I are going for 2 weeks in October to see art and churches in small towns)

- best/worst travel experiences

- the "vocabulary" of skating... ie the actual moves that go into the choreography. Is it my ignorance, the bad choreo I've been seeing, or is the vocabulary rather small compared to, say, ballet?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Spun Silver said:
- the "vocabulary" of skating... ie the actual moves that go into the choreography. Is it my ignorance, the bad choreo I've been seeing, or is the vocabulary rather small compared to, say, ballet?

I would like to learn more about that!