Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 210 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Viscaro

Spectator
:hslap: yeah..sorry. I just thought it was cool so I shared it. I went back a page to see and the tweet was less than an hour old so I thought. Anyway..sorry.

No need to be sorry ! I hadn't seen that Gabriella posted it on twitter, thanks. She has a nice exchange with Nicholas Buckland there - he warns her that the rink is small and wish her a great time and she thanks him.

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
As we know, the French pair were making up for a loss of points suffered during some momentary awkwardness in the short program, when Papadakis tore a strap on her costume; the pair could not quite catch up in the finale. The Canadian twosome who won the gold were brilliant and flawless, but not on the same continent with these French artists.

It is good that people say it out loud

floatingworld

On the Ice
As we know, the French pair were making up for a loss of points suffered during some momentary awkwardness in the short program, when Papadakis tore a strap on her costume; the pair could not quite catch up in the finale. The Canadian twosome who won the gold were brilliant and flawless, but not on the same continent with these French artists.

It is good that people say it out loud

Indeed! I hope someone who has means of contacting Gaby and Guillaume could refer this article to them. And to quote more from the article:

"The French pair Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron, who won a silver in ice dancing: a silver in spite of a sustained long-performance turn that was simultaneously restrained and athletic, sensual and balletic, open and deeply private, and most moving of all, it seemed, to the two dancers themselves. Papadakis has a sad and striking face, with a rugged nose and a long, beautifully proportioned body incapable of anything hurried or out of touch with her partner or the music. This writer was a regular attendee at City Ballet over a couple of decades, and this dance interlude felt as moving and memorable as any Balanchine-produced moments seen in that long, sweet time."

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
Amazng that people in America prefered French much better, in Europe too? I know many Russians are sad that they lost.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Amazng that people in America prefered French much better, in Europe too? I know many Russians are sad that they lost.

Exactly, I'm amazed by the love they get from Americans. I've mentioned it too in another post about US commentators really getting what they're all about. I had the feeling the Russians like them too but only from all those positive commentaries in Youtube and on Instagram and such. OTOH I do not follow or read much about V/M so I wouldn't be able to compare. What make you say Russians are sad ?

VikiLeeks

On the Ice
Exactly, I'm amazed by the love they get from Americans. I've mentioned it too in another post about US commentators really getting what they're all about. I had the feeling the Russians like them too but only from all those positive commentaries in Youtube and on Instagram and such. OTOH I do not follow or read much about V/M so I wouldn't be able to compare. What make you say Russians are sad ?

Well my Russian friends and I are very sad. This silver medal is gold for us. But there are different opinions in Russia of course.

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty

From youtube, vk ...Of course I dont say that everyone was after p/c
In Poland most people who watch ice dance realize that what happened we can call bad luck and without it they would be winners

CAS

On the Ice
How can say such things and later train P/C? I really do think they would be sad and angry if P/c would have win. Dissapointed , for sure

I am not sure what you think you heard but I thought they were very even handed when talking about all their teams and especially their top three teams. Anytime they focused on V/M was when they specifically were asked about them because it is Canadian tv show they are on. If anything what you can pick up from what she said is that she had a talk with Gabby, tried to pump her up after the SD and tell her she can still win this but used her experience in 2006 to try to help them with their disappointment. She doesn't voice any favourism for any of her teams.

I find MF and Patrice have never publicly voiced a preference for any of their teams. Romain on the other hand has said more unfortunate things to French media.

DianaSwitz

Match Penalty
I am not sure what you think you heard but I thought they were very even handed when talking about all their teams and especially their top three teams. Anytime they focused on V/M was when they specifically were asked about them because it is Canadian tv show they are on. If anything what you can pick up from what she said is that she had a talk with Gabby, tried to pump her up after the SD and tell her she can still win this but used her experience in 2006 to try to help them with their disappointment. She doesn't voice any favourism for any of her teams.

I find MF and Patrice have never publicly voiced a preference for any of their teams. Romain on the other hand has said more unfortunate things to French media.

It is obvious that she is happy that canadians won. Why p/c would need that gold anyway, right? They can win in 4 years. Whatever . Most important that V/M won second time.,but P/c are the skaters who should get 2 golds

Do you think if they get that gold in Pekin , they will come back on next olympic?

floatingworld

On the Ice
At the end of his TSL interview, famous figure skating choreographer Tom Dickson was asked about what his favorite programs were in the recent Olympics, he answered 'the German pairs team, the French ice dancers, and Katelyn Osmond just because he didn't expect it.' His response is at 53:00 of the video interview:

https://youtu.be/2guyUpdSKXA?t=53m

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I don’t know why this comes to mind but before the Olympic gala I hadn’t seen that exhibition before (probably wasn’t paying attention) and that skate just perfectly encapsulates for me what’s so moving about their skating. The poetic sense of storytelling, without it being overbearing, the strong skills, the understanding they have of each other. Just *sigh* lovely.