Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 350 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Maybeyesmaybeno

Rinkside
I guess it is the bigotry or maybe also hypocrisy that gets to me! The sheer assumption that only heterosexuals are able to portray love ...
And only heterosexuals could feel “real” love, according to him. I’ m sorry to remember that Katsalapov have had a very strange way of expressing “real love” towards her partner not so long ago. For me S/K, mime love more than they live .
But maybe he is right in saying that the program is still a bit cold. I wasn’t there. I just know that people in Epinal the week before were really moved, which remembers me people in the crowd, crying on the Mozart score.

Maybeyesmaybeno

Rinkside
Really? That wasn't my read on it at all. I don't think a few head/leg flicks and holds make a tango. Also, the posters seem to think the entire thing is a reimagination of a tango, which I don't see at all, and you don't describe it that way either (just the first part).
Well, it is a bit uneasy for me to explain in English but I’ ll try my best.
I guess as a PC fan, you’ve seen the videos of the pieces of the tango they had planned to dance last year. You will find many of the position and moves that are now in the first part of the Fauré FD. For exemple the face to face on the one step step sequence. In the first part, this is more than just flicks and holds, this is the way you input a rhythm on a melody which seems to be just a long lament.
In the others parts, you will find some typical holds of tango and for the first time, they stay together hand to hand all along ( except for the step sequence de caractère ( don’t remember the proper term)). They didn’t say they wanted to dance a traditional tango but to sort of dilute it in a dance more personal which transcribe the essence and spirit of the tango.
The tango’s dancers stories are portraying how far the woman agrees to let her go, how far the man agrees to let the woman take the lead, each one with its personal weapons and forces. This goes till the point where the 2 bodies find total harmony and complicity and the question of who leads and who is led is no longer pertinent.
I did my best . I hope you understand a bit more what I’ve tried to explain.

Concerning Gabriella, I really think she is a bit “en retrait” particularly in the first part. Of course in the last part it is less obvious. But I’m glad if you feel different.

Bcash

Final Flight
I think they are still feeling their way in this program emotion-wise. I feel that at Epinal Gabi might have been too cool throughout, but this week she might have tried to inject emotions in the second half a little too forcefully.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I think they are still feeling their way in this program emotion-wise. I feel that at Epinal Gabi might have been too cool throughout, but this week she might have tried to inject emotions in the second half a little too forcefully.
Yeah, this is what I thought. Not that she's got it perfect, but (for me) she's experimenting and colouring her performances differently than Guillaume has so far. I don't think either has settled in (so neither has made a mark), but I appreciate her approach a bit more until now.

Maybeyesmaybeno

Rinkside
Apparently this music is Guillaume’s choice. He must have a personal feeling towards it since he wanted to skate on it for a while. That is why he is probably more involved emotionally than Gabriella can be so far.

Normart

Rinkside
En mieux .....

Roast Toast

Medalist
How do we feel about the RD changes? I like that they integrated more waacking in the program but I think they should go back to their original holds in the pattern, they got higher levels here but the previous version had much nicer lines. Overall I'm happy, I don't think they'll have changed the FD too much though since so much of their time clearly went into the RD.

bramweld

Record Breaker
How do we feel about the RD changes? I like that they integrated more waacking in the program but I think they should go back to their original holds in the pattern, they got higher levels here but the previous version had much nicer lines. Overall I'm happy, I don't think they'll have changed the FD too much though since so much of their time clearly went into the RD.
I love all the changes. To get the score they got in the time exceptional. Previously the mid section was somewhat flat, now it is like the caramel in my cadbury creme. I love it.

Roast Toast

Medalist
There's no way that red shirt wasn't a back-up costume, right? He had on a flowy brown shirt in the practice, but I did think it freed the nipple a little too much. Love the free, they need to change the RoLi though.

peepsquick

Final Flight
I just miss the part (middle) where Gabi and Gui are facing each other, one leg extended. Yesterday, only Gabi's leg was extended ...

Roast Toast

Medalist
I just miss the part (middle) where Gabi and Gui are facing each other, one leg extended. Yesterday, only Gabi's leg was extended ...
Yes, that was what stood up to me too. It's the standard execution of the pattern, and really showcases Guillaume's gorgeous extension, so I like this new variation less.

peepsquick

Final Flight
I thought it was just the camera angle?
It could also be a "miss" on Guillaume's part ... they had to transform the middle part pretty quickly and they probably will continue working on it. Hopefully they will bring it back because it is a great move!