General Information: Olympic Figure Skating Individual Events | Page 7 | Golden Skate

General Information: Olympic Figure Skating Individual Events

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am in the UK I have Sky and can get Eurosport livestream on my regular TV channel and I have activated a free years subscription to discovery plus which also has the figure skating live. Obviously if you're not a sky customer then it's only BBC red button 🙄

Just taking the opportunity to let you all know that I have updated my TV Schedule post, and it is now complete for the next 7 days:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2912811

It also now includes Eurosport 4, which not only has LIVE coverage but also LOTS of highlights shows.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Lucky. I always get Singapore when I choose "Asia". I guess it depends where we're based originally...
I'm not having any luck with Opera, managed to change server to Asia, but still can't view the official Olympics YouTube channel.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not Chris, but I recently had to get a new laptop; I was on a long trip and the one I had with me suffered a catastrophic failure with weeks to go. Fortunately my daughter had been considering buying a chromebook for travel for herself, and she drove me to the nearest office supply store to get one. I got an HP that is the smallest one that has a full-sized keyboard and I really like it. It is easy to use and was very inexpensive (US$229 plus tax). It is light and seems quite sturdy.

There are only two things I don't like about it. The first is that the screen goes funny/dark if viewed from the wrong angle; I am still experimenting with computer placement for ZOOM yoga. The second is that the supplied power source is heavy; I will investigate alternative power sources before I take it traveling again.
Thx for the suggestion! My old Dell with the DVD player is so heavy and the battery is going. I'll cbeck it out!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thx for the suggestion! My old Dell with the DVD player is so heavy and the battery is going. I'll cbeck it out!
Chrome books are internet-based so don't have a lot of computing power (on their own) or storage space. But they are simple and cheap which makes them good travel computers. It may not have enough power to be your only computer.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Do you guys know if the normal scoring window will be back for individual event?

Lyssa

On the Ice
Country
France
Adam Siao tested positive at arrival in Beijing a few days ago. Negative test yesterday. They are waiting for today result.

He was at the parade of nations so it was probably a false positive

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can we please have decent looking coats for the Olympic medal ceremonies?? Last ones, while they looked comfy, they didn’t look exactly...formal enough. Like they’re being presented a medal for the Olympics, what they worked for, and they’re wearing a big puffy coat.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
Yes you can replay events. Generally events are available for replay within a couple of hours after the event ends.
Good news. A friends dropped by during the men's short and we missed everyone after Shoma. (It was amazing to see him do well.)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Good news. A friends dropped by during the men's short and we missed everyone after Shoma. (It was amazing to see him do well.)
I'm just watching the Peacock replay of Team Event Day 1 and the commercials have been taken out. I think most Peacock users - even the ones who paid more for the service so they wouldn't have commercials - had them last night. It makes it so hard to answer questions about what will or won't happen with Peacock because most of the time subscribers don't know until the event is on.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
team event, men sp and fp as well as FD are at decent times for me.. but all the rest .. omg.. like start times at 5am or so..
not happening unfortunately. I will have to watch the archives or PVR stuff... :( i know... i should have looked the schedule earlier on.... just realised that now.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
team event, men sp and fp as well as FD are at decent times for me.. but all the rest .. omg.. like start times at 5am or so..
Yeah I think NBC pushed for those events to be on at a North American friendly times because there's a chance of a US medal (apparently NBC pays a lot to the IOC for Olympic broadcasting). But not so much the pairs and women.

And I guess NBC hates hip hop because RD is not at a North American friendly time :laugh:

Last edited:

LadyB

Record Breaker
not happening unfortunately. I will have to watch the archives or PVR stuff... :( i know... i should have looked the schedule earlier on.... just realised that now.
Same here, some stuff is at 1.15 in the morning, that's why I couldn't make it last night, despite setting the alarm clock. Will try and join Men around 3.45 am, which would make me miss both Kondratiuk and Semenenko, but hey, videos it is then. :sneaky:

Ella339

On the Ice
I've seen people share schedule PDFs for the team event. May I ask where they can be found? Usually I go to this link, but I'm not seeing anything listed this time around. :unsure:

rollerblade

Record Breaker