First way of scoring

Yamaguchi vs Ito
Baiul vs Kerrigan
Lipinski vs Kwan
Hughes vs Slutskaya
Arakawa vs Cohen

So Silver wins over Gold 3 vs 2.

If I have to do a ranking in which order I prefer them:

1.Kwan (silver); 2.Yamaguchi (gold); 3.Ito (silver); 4.Cohen (silver); 5.Slutskaya (silver); 6.Arakawa (gold); 7.Baiul (gold); 8.Kerrigan (silver); 9.Lipinski (gold); 8.Hughes (gold)

In the second way of scoring, Silver wins even more convincigly with 4 vs 1.

Last edited:

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
It would be interesting to see the two teams competing right now. What would they do? Especially Tara :think:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Yamaguchi vs Ito
Baiul vs Kerrigan
Lipinski vs Kwan
Hughes vs Slutskaya
Arakawa vs Cohen - Tie

So it's an overall tie for me :)

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'll take the gold group except give me Nancy over Oksana by a country mile ~ and Kwan and Lipinski in a dead heat.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Yamaguchi vs Ito: I'm too young to have seen any of them skate
Baiul vs Kerrigan: I prefer Nancy's skating as a whole, although I must say that Oksana had much more vitality
Lipinski vs Kwan: Michelle
Hughes vs Slutskaya: Irina by miles
Arakawa vs Cohen: Both of them.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'll take the gold group except give me Nancy over Oksana by a country mile ~ and Kwan and Lipinski in a dead heat.

ETA: GiuliaPlum I like your pix of Jeremy but I do wish the boy would wear some makeup. Man, he looks DEATHLY pale, esp. in the "Poetry" photo. Is it the lighting at a rink that washes him out maybe? Or is he just really, really fair? Ok, sorry for the OT comment, I tried to think of some way to tie in "white" with the silver vs. gold but couldn't do it.

Well, take a look at my "name" and my answer should be obvious. I would take any team with EITHER Midori OR Sasha, so a team with both is like wedding cake with whipped cream on top! Kwan and Slute are pretty good too. The only Silver I'd throw off the team is Kerrigan.

Interesting choice, overall. The gold team doesn't look nearly as competitive on paper.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My Team would be:
Yamaguchi
Kerrigan - though I must say I'm not really a fan of Nancy's or Oksana's, but I do think NK should have won the '94 Olympics easily.
Kwan
Slutskaya
Arakawa

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Which team do you like better?

I would like a combined best:

Yamaguchi
Baiul
Arakawa
Kwan ´til 1999
Cohen

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
ETA: GiuliaPlum I like your pix of Jeremy but I do wish the boy would wear some makeup. Man, he looks DEATHLY pale, esp. in the "Poetry" photo. Is it the lighting at a rink that washes him out maybe? Or is he just really, really fair? Ok, sorry for the OT comment, I tried to think of some way to tie in "white" with the silver vs. gold but couldn't do it.
I answered in your visitor messages!

Audrey19

On the Ice
Silver all the way.
Haven't seen much of Yamaguchi or Ito, but all the other silvers are clearly my personal winners over the gold medalists. It was narrow for Arakawa vs Cohen, however, but Sasha wins. But since Irina Slutskaya is in the silver group, they would have won anyway:bow:

Yamaguchi - Ito -no idea
Baiul - Kerrigan
Lipinski - Kwan
Hughes - Slutskaya
Arakawa - Cohen

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Hmm..

Yamaguchi vs Ito
Baiul vs Kerrigan
Lipinski vs Kwan
Hughes vs Slutskaya
Arakawa vs Cohen

Two golds and three silvers for me. I love Yamaguchi, I was never really into Baiul's or Slutskaya's skating, Lipinski seemed too juniorish for me, and I'm a fan of Cohen.

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yamaguchi vs Ito: Yamaguchi is very good skater and artistically stronger in her later years, but Ito did legendary things.

Baiul vs Kerrigan: Although, Kerrigan should have won Gold at the Olympics.

Lipinski vs Kwan: However, Lipinski DID deserve that Gold Medal.

Hughes vs Slutskaya: Don't love either of them, and yet again the person I'm not picking was better at the Olympics, but Slutskaya at her best was better than Hughes at her best.

Arakawa vs Cohen: I love both of them but if you compare what these two ladies can do at their very best, Arakawa is slightly better. She has everything - strong skating skills, triple-triple combinations, flexibility, presence on the ice. Cohen is probably a little better overall in terms of her presentation, but she simply can't execute the same jump content. Incidentally, I feel Arakawa only should have won by a slight margin at the Olympics. Cohen's SP was clearly better and her LP, although more mistake filled, was artistically the best LP I think we've ever seen a lady do in the CoP judging system.

It's funny...the only person who deserved to win the Gold Medal at the actual competition AND was the most talented person at the competition was Arakawa.

Onlyhope

Rinkside
I don't like a match olympic figure skating ladies single.
Because... very pressure of top skaters.
I like an ice show very much and grand prix series and love her:)