GP Predictions Game Year 2 :) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

GP Predictions Game Year 2 :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yay, let the games begin!! :clap:

Sadly, my picks for the men are looking pretty dismal.

Uh... is it too late to edit my choices? LOL

I'm not sure I'm going to score any points at all! I didn't even have Rippon as my ALTERNATE!

Of course, there's still the LP to come. We'll see...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I have just edited my post only because I noticed that there was still Ten in my predictions list, so I moved my alternate pick (Brown) to 5th place

GF2445

Record Breaker
When will the results be released? Im lookimg forward to seeing if i get any points!

tulosai

Record Breaker
the same for me! We still don't know anything about points/calculating etc.

3 people are helping me with scoring; we are each doing one discipline. Please be patient and give us time to do this, and keep in mind we have to each calculate scores for 50 people. I hope and anticipate scores will be up no later than the start of Skate Canada. Like all of you, though, we're still watching the competition :)

LRK

Record Breaker
3 people are helping me with scoring; we are each doing one discipline. Please be patient and give us time to do this, and keep in mind we have to each calculate scores for 50 people. I hope and anticipate scores will be up no later than the start of Skate Canada. Like all of you, though, we're still watching the competition :)

Yes, it's a huge task - and a huge thanks to all involved in calculating the scoring! (I mean, just the thought of trying to calculate my own score makes me go crosseyed... )

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ok I actually got Dance up :)

60 was the 'average' score- lots and lots of 60's.

2 people got perfect 75- merrywidow and Becki :) BIG congrats to you two!

Now runs to watch the ladies!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hello, everyone. I will be your Men scorekeeper for this great game.

Not surprisingly, nobody got the perfect score (75) at this competition. In fact the average score was 25.59. And the median score was 30.

That said, we did have standouts in this category. So here's our top 4. Three out of the four predicted Machida would win the competition:

1.) Blades of Passion, 55. BOP was the only player to receive points on all his top 5 picks.
2.) (tie) GF2455: 45. GF also guessed Max Aaron's placement correctly. Four out of five guesses earned points. Unfortunately soul legend "James Brown," who you predicted to win second did not show up to the competition. (Just kidding. I knew who you were talking about. :biggrin:))
2.) (tie) nipman: 45. Nipman did not predict the winner correctly, but predicted two placements perfectly to get a boost. Nipman got points on four out of five placements.
3.) Snowflake: 40. Like GF, Snowflake received points for four out of his five guesses.

So with two categories down, our top players overall are:

1.) Blades of Passion, 125
2.) GF2445: 115 (tie)
nipman 115
4.) Li'Kitsu: 105
Becki, 105
museksk8r, 105
merrywidow, 105
sequinsgalore 105
9.) FSGMT, 100
snowflake, 100
jchamp 100

ETA: We actually had a two-way tie for 2nd, see edits above.

Also my scoring method. For those of you, who did not change your picks to reflect the W/Ds, I automatically moved everyone up a spot. This is why it's good to have alternate picks or guesses on lower placements.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Pairs are finished!

Lots of nice high scores for this segment, but tulosai, Blades of Passion, and zamboni step got perfect 75's - congrats!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So, to make the pack complete - I'm the scorekeeper for the ladies, which are just updated as well :)

Huge congrats to elif and merrywidow, who got the top 5 correct and earned 75 points!

After all 4 categories are finished, the top scorers are:

1.) 265 - Blades of Passion
2.) 240 - merrywidow
3.) 230 - GF2445
4.) 225 - elif and zamboni step
6.) 220 - Becki and jChamp
8.) 215 - FSGMT
9.) 210 - sequinsgalore, pitterpatter, museksk8r, Li'Kitsu, HR4 and guenever

And with that, I wish all of you a lot of fun in the next round ;)