Grand Prix Assignments 2023/24 released | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Assignments 2023/24 released

Country
Norway
Replacement Lists
The replacement list is in ranking order of the top 75 from the Seasons Best List last season. If you win a Challenger event this season you can improve your placing on the replacement list.
As always, there is max 3 entries from each country in the GPs.

Women

1. Rika Kihira JPN 192.43 has one spot (can only replace a Japanese skater as the Japanese women have 3 entries in every competition)
2. Ekaterina Kurakova POL 190.44 has one spot
3. Ava Marie Ziegler USA 186.76
4. Seoyeon Ji KOR 184.14
5. Xiangyi An CHN 183.94 has one spot
6. Sarina Joos SUI 180.31
7. Lorine Schild FRA 179.00 has one spot
8. Lara Naki Gutmann ITA 178.43 has one spot
9. Lea Serna FRA 177.72 has one spot
10. Janna Jyrkinen FIN 176.96 has one spot
11. Rino Matsuike JPN 176.52
12. Maé-Bérénice Méité FRA 175.68
13. Hanna Harrell USA 175.55
14. Lindsay van Zundert NED 174.81 has one spot
15. Anna Pezzetta ITA 174.49
16. Sonja Hilmer USA 174.46
17. Gabriella Izzo USA 174.10
18. Gracie Gold USA 174.09
19. Olga Mikutina AUT 173.36
20. Clare Seo USA 172.62
21. Kaiya Ruiter CAN 172.42 has one spot
22. Gabrielle Daleman CAN 171.61
23. Sara-Maude Dupuis CAN 170.67 has one spot
24. Justine Miclette CAN 167.87
25. Alexia Paganini SUI 165.71
26. Julia Sauter ROU 165.62
27. Eva-Lotta Kiibus EST 165.21
28. Julia Lang HUN 165.07
29. Ahsun Yun KOR 163.82
30. Kristina Isaev GER 163.79

Last season, almost all the women on the Replacement List got a spot eventually.
Janna has got two spots now, so she can be crossed out of the list. Lorine Schild will most likely get a TBD host spot for France I guess, same with Mae, i´m guessing they will be crossed of the list eventually.

Gabriella Izzo has switched to pairs and they will most likely represent Canada, i´m guessing she will not be doing singles as well?

I´m wondering if Sarina Joos is allowed to compete this season since she has switched countries to Italy?

Edit: Anna Pezzetta needs to be crossed out as well, she is doing JGP Budapest.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
and sometimes they give up hosts spots LOL ... sorry... i had to say it
Finland gave up two men's spot because the only two national team members choose JGP. One pair and two ID pairs who skate at onternatipnal
and sometimes they give up hosts spots LOL ... sorry... i had to say it
Sometimes there are not own skaters enough. I don't know about the bigger feds and Finland is the smallest where GP has been hold, I think. Local fed follows "highly recommended" advice with the minimum scores. In pairs there are no more than one at all, in ID no more than two and both age eligible men who could have been selected in addition to Makar S. have chosen to skate at JGP this season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Finland gave up two men's spot because the only two national team members choose JGP. One pair and two ID pairs who skate at onternatipnal

Sometimes there are not own skaters enough. I don't know about the bigger feds and Finland is the smallest where GP has been hold, I think. Local fed follows "highly recommended" advice with the minimum scores. In pairs there are no more than one at all, in ID no more than two and both age eligible men who could have been selected in addition to Makar S. have chosen to skate at JGP this season.
Canada has tons of skaters available. Finland is different.

mrrice

Record Breaker
How is Isabeau looking? I feel like she's been quiet about her Programs. I believe she did shows this summer, maybe her programs aren't quite done.

AlekseiM

Spectator
I find the schedule very strange. I mean it would be logical to stay in Europe for 2 weeks and only then go to China ;) Anyways, very excited here.

midori green

On the Ice
I sure hope it's nothing serious. Has there been an injury report from her team? Did they say why.
I know nothing. It seems like it's been a trend for top skaters to WD from these earlier competitions. Hopefully it's as simple as deciding awhile ago not to compete, but they left her name on the list until the last minute.

Country
Norway
I know nothing. It seems like it's been a trend for top skaters to WD from these earlier competitions. Hopefully it's as simple as deciding awhile ago not to compete, but they left her name on the list until the last minute.
With Isabeau i´m not worried, she can even skip early practices at major events and still have clean skates.

I´m wondering though why Lindsay Thorngren has WD from Autumn Classic...