When do GP assignments come out? | Golden Skate

When do GP assignments come out?

Bord

Rinkside
when do the assignments usually come out - it makes a difference which grand prix to attend.
thanks for the information

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
we could already predict some spots, like Malinin, Levito and Chock/Bates (if they don't retire) at Skate America, Yuma and Kaori at NHK, Adam, Lorine and Lopareva/Brissaud at Coup of France, Gillies/Poirier, Roman and Madeline at Skate Canada, Jin Boyang in China
Skate Canada usually invited their national champ at SCI so in this case, it may be Wesley and Kaiya. Not saying that Roman won't be there either ;) but for Madeline, they may hope for her to get two spots on her own. Let's indeed hope that Gilles and Poirier continue as well. The one no brainer is Stellato-Dudek/Deschamps : they are for sure going to be at SCI.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
we could already predict some spots, like Malinin, Levito and Chock/Bates (if they don't retire) at Skate America, Yuma and Kaori at NHK, Adam, Lorine and Lopareva/Brissaud at Coup of France, Gillies/Poirier, Roman and Madeline at Skate Canada, Jin Boyang in China
And of course both Finnish id pairs Turkkila/Versluis and Orihara/Pirinen will be at Helsinki.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

Skate America will be held just a couple miles from the hometown (Plano, TX) of U.S. champ Amber Glenn, so i wouldn’t be surprised to see her there, too.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Skate America will be held just a couple miles from the hometown (Plano, TX) of U.S. champ Amber Glenn, so i wouldn’t be surprised to see her there, too.
if she's there then Levito won't

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Forgive my ignorance and confusion regarding the age limit for gp series.

As I understand it all skaters have to turn 17 by the 2025 in order to skate.

Because 2027-2008 =17 that means Jia shin qualifies along with all skaters who's birthday is between January and June 2008.

Or do they have to turn 17 in 2024?.

As far as Isabeau out not necessarily due to her silver medal. And skate America has in past put natl champ and medalist .

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Forgive my ignorance and confusion regarding the age limit for gp series.

As I understand it all skaters have to turn 17 by the 2025 in order to skate.

Because 2027-2008 =17 that means Jia shin qualifies along with all skaters who's birthday is between January and June 2008.

Or do they have to turn 17 in 2024?.

As far as Isabeau out not necessarily due to her silver medal. And skate America has in past put natl champ and medalist .
They have to be 17 before July 1, 2024 to compete senior for 2024-25. Then 2025-26, they'll have to be 17 before July 1, 2025.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It is a possibility that Finland may use all home spots in singles. Depends on how the season starts and who, especially in men, will go to JGP. There will be five men (edit: age eligilble in seniors) in national team next season, maybe all time record.

Last edited:

Yogi

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Kaori wasn't at NHK last year.

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Amber and Isabeau could skate against each other again. Like Michelle and Tara & Michelle and Sarah. I think it was more prominent among the U.S. women than other disciplined because the national champ and the 2nd or third place medal at world more than other disciplined since the IJS it not as prominent.

Can the us champ decline the invite to skate America and go somewhere else?
I know it a given but with success can they decline as Kaori and other teams?

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
I apologize but this involves Jason and him skating at world.

I am confused 🤔 regarding how Jason does not compete at GP events. I thought there was a rule sometime ago that stated skaters who kept skating at challengers or world needed to skate if missed two years in a row or face sanctions?

This would be his third year.

Most of skaters skated in one.
He does not qualify for comeback since he skated at world and placed fifth.

The Challengers don't they need a junior GP or Senior GP event to skate?

My apologies for not knowing.

Country
Norway
And of course both Finnish id pairs Turkkila/Versluis and Orihara/Pirinen will be at Helsinki.
I don´t remember if both Finnish teams are guaranteed two spots? If not, i´m guessing maybe a French team at Helsinki as well, in exchange for a Finnish team in France so that both Finnish teams gets two spots.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I thought there was a rule sometime ago that stated skaters who kept skating at challengers or world needed to skate if missed two years in a row or face sanctions?
There might have been such a rule in the past (just like Juniors over 14 used to be able to compete in both Junior and Senior GP events in the same season), but it definitely is not in place anymore. Skaters who agree to compete in Grand Prix events are obligated to then also compete (unless there are serious reasons to not be able to, like injuries, illness or inability to travel to the host country), but skaters don't have to agree, even if they would have been seeded skaters. Skaters are also free to compete at Challengers and skate in shows during the GP period, as long as they either also skate at their assigned events or declined assignments from the get-go.

He does not qualify for comeback since he skated at world and placed fifth.
He does not need to qualify for a "comeback" GP spot exactly because he placed 5th at Worlds, which would make him a seeded skater (two GPs guaranteed) if he wanted to skate in any Grand Prix events.

The Challengers don't they need a junior GP or Senior GP event to skate?
No, the purpose of the Challenger Series is to offer more opportunities for skaters who have not participated in Junior/Senior GPs in the same season (or as it was worded in the very first document pertaining to the then-newly created Challenger Series: "Skaters having participated in the Junior and/or (Senior)ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating during the same season should not have priority to enter events of the Challengers Series.")

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Anything GOEs made a guide to the assignments here. It covers who's guaranteed spots.

I don´t remember if both Finnish teams are guaranteed two spots? If not, i´m guessing maybe a French team at Helsinki as well, in exchange for a Finnish team in France so that both Finnish teams gets two spots.
Turkkila/Versluis are guaranteed two for their Worlds finish. Orihara/Pirinen will be top 24 in standings when they're recalculated before GP assignments and will be guaranteed at least one non-host spot.