Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015: Round 1 Skate America | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015: Round 1 Skate America

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ok, guys. I just have finished scoring ICE DANCE segment of the GP Predictions game. It's totally new expirience for me, so I'm a bit worried that I calculated something wrong. If you'll find a mistake with your scores feel free to send me an angry PM with accusations :laugh:
First of all, I'm a bit surprised that we have no perfect scores (75 points). More than that, the highest result is 10 points less than perfect (65 points).

Some stats:
- 60% of the predictioners (48 of 80) predicted absolutely correct Top 3;
- only 12.5% (10 of 80) guessed 4th or 5th place correctly and got 15 points.

Results:
We have sole winner of the ICE DANCE segment with 65 points. The winner of the event is gallavich! Congratulations, man! Great job! :hb:
Three people are close behind him with only 5 points less (60 points). Secons place shared Skategmt, rosacotton and cleo2070 . Congratulations, well done!
And 17 predictioners are only 10 points behind (their result is 55 points).

Winners:
1. gallavich - 65 pts :points:
2. Skategmt, rosacotton and cleo2070 - 60 pts.
3. tulosai, el henry, bellflower, breathesgelatin, elle_e, ArcticMonkeys, desertskates, caelum, mustafakent, HR4, Vratasuki, Hyena, YesWay, nipman, semosk8tfan, surimi, snowflake - 55 pts.

Congratulations, ladies and gentelmen!
You all can find your scores in spreadsheet. Look for the link in Mrs. P's original post on the first page. The results will be up in a couple of minutes. And feel free to contact me if your scores are wrong.

WOW :clap: (I don't even follow ice dance...)

PS - it's not a big deal, but I'm a she ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sorry for the slight delay on scoring the men. I am out of town and spending time with family, so I'd barely had time to watch much of the competition, though I did catch the last FS group in men and ladies. Anyway, I will try to get some time Monday.

So.....are we going to start the prediction game for Skate Canada now?

The game is culmultative, so scores are added up, however people are welcome to jump in anytime with predictions. So yes, you all can go ahead and post Skate Canada predictions if you like!

alebi

Medalist
I've started really bad this season :laugh:
But as I've already said, the beginning is always the most difficult. That's why I wanna really congratulate people at the top :clap:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Ok, here I am with the Ladies scores!
No perfect 75 either, but a couple of 70s! A lot of us had too much faith in Meite, placing her in our top5 :think:
However, congratulations to:
1) 70 points: GF2445, sequinsgalore :clap::clap:
2) 65 points: aero, ArcticMonkeys, bellflower, britebells, CanadianSkaterGuy, HanDomi, s_parks, [email protected]3
3) 60 points: burntBREAD, el henry, elle_e, Florencito, FSGMT, gallavich, guenever, Hyena, invisiblespiral, Li'Kitsu, Mrs. P, semosk8fan, shingalas, Skategmt, Snow63, sunny_stars
Congrats to everyone who took part in this first phase of the competition, and let me know about scoring mistakes! ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would place a prediction for Skate Canada, but I don't know what I'm doing. And I might have bias.....

Should I post anyways?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Guys, I re-checked NYscorp6's Ice Dance picks (thanks for pointing it out). And he also got 65 points for the event (15+15+15+5+15)! I'm sorry for my mistake, not gonna happen again. At least I hope so :laugh:
So we have two winners of the ICE DANCE segment with 65 points. The winners of the event are gallavich and NYscorp6! Congratulations! :clap::clap:

Looks like I checked someone elses predictions when I scored first time lol I also have edited my results post and spreadsheet :)

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Guys, I re-checked NYscorp6's Ice Dance picks (thanks for pointing it out). And he also got 65 points for the event (15+15+15+5+15)! I'm sorry for my mistake, not gonna happen again. At least I hope so :laugh:
So we have two winners of the ICE DANCE segment with 65 points. The winners of the event are gallavich and NYscorp6! Congratulations! :clap::clap:

Looks like I checked someone elses predictions when I scored first time lol I also have edited my results post and spreadsheet :)

Wow, now that is a surprise. Thank you Snow63!

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ALERT! Kevin has withdrawn from Skate Canada. :cry:

I know. Honestly I wish I'm having a nightmare now. But sadly it's not. I want to cry but I can't. It's so not fair for him.

Someone please slap me and tell me it's not true. Because that's how I'm feeling. My mood had changed so much from this past weekend to now.

I was so looking forward...but he knows what's best for him and me and other fans of him will support him.

"Tell me this is just a dream. Cause I'm really not fine at all."

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone post a Skate Canada entry list for lazy a$$ people like me who can't be bothered to click once to find it?:laugh: Merci!

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've finished up with scoring the pairs component of the predictions for Skate America. I still don't know how to edit posts well, so this won't be as fancy as Snow63's. As Mrs. P has pointed out, I am from Australia, and I have been up since 5 to watch the pairs event and then I did score it straight away, so if there are any mistakes, please feel free to hassle me until I get it fixed up for you.

Alrighty then. As with dance, we didn't get any perfect scores :cry:

We actually have a 5-way tie for first place!!
In first place with 65 points are brushalley, katmari, mustafakent, rosacotton and tulosai

Here is the link again for the scoresheet: http://bit.ly/GPpredictions2014

Thanks to everyone who participated!!

Oh wow, I never expected to see my name on the leader board. Thanks, elle_e! It figures though, the discipline I know the least about, I guessed the best. :laugh:

anyanka

Record Breaker
This is better than fantasy league football (I gave up on the NFL this year) AND my hockey pool!!! And better outfits, too!