Grand Prix Speculation 2015-2016 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Speculation 2015-2016

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
If Yuzuru does Skate America, I'm going to want to go SO badly and make another dream of mine come true, which is to see him skate....and if there's a chance, POSSIBLY meet him. Only if it's feasible thought. I think I could go considering that in the fall, I'm going to have no Friday classes! :biggrin:

Me too! And especially if V/T are there as well? I will HAVE to go.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Me too! And especially if V/T are there as well? I will HAVE to go.

It'll be perfect due to that next semester I will have no Friday classes! And the dates will work out great for me. So that means that we can leave on a early flight....but I will ONLY go if Yuzuru Hanyu, Jason Brown, and/or Kevin Reynolds skate at it. Maybe I'll give other exceptions. But those three cause they're my #1 faves and if they're not there, then I won't see a point in a way....maybe if some other skaters that I've gotten to like over the past year skate in it, then maybe I'll consider.

Groan....the wait is too long.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
If Yuzuru does Skate America, I'm going to want to go SO badly and make another dream of mine come true, which is to see him skate....and if there's a chance, POSSIBLY meet him. Only if it's feasible thought. I think I could go considering that in the fall, I'm going to have no Friday classes! :biggrin:

:laugh: If he's attending SA I'm probably going to go too. Its not that I wouldn't like to go to watch the other skaters as well, but I would have to miss a class and take time off work too....something I don't really want to do since I'm already doing it for Worlds in Boston. But for him I would pull some strings :p

Interspectator

Record Breaker
:laugh: If he's attending SA I'm probably going to go too. Its not that I wouldn't like to go to watch the other skaters as well, but I would have to miss a class and take time off work too....something I don't really want to do since I'm already doing it for Worlds in Boston. But for him I would pull some strings :p

Will you bring a Pooh bear? :biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I'm hoping to go to Boston for at least one of the men's event (SP or FP). Hopefully (And I know it won't happen) the SP and FP for the men will be on a Friday and Saturday. Cause I'm trying to somewhat make an outline for a plan for it. The schedule can't come soon enough XP.

For me, it matters cause I'm a biology major, which is not an easy major. MAYBE I COULD miss....I won't known until Octoberish of this year when I find out the schedule of classes for the Spring 2016 semester. Like I said. I have no clue.

Dude, I don't know how I will react if I ever see Yuzuru skate live....except that I'm going to visibly freak out, thought quietly unless others are screaming.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I might knit a Pooh hat. Using yellow yarn and black for the details. And maybe red yarn as well. Cause I want to make something that he'll be more likely to keep than a stuff animal. Like for example, at Skate America in 2014, when I went to see Jason skate, I made him purple socks. They barely made it onto the ice though. Lol. My throw is SO bad.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I might knit a Pooh hat. Using yellow yarn and black for the details. And maybe red yarn as well. Cause I want to make something that he'll be more likely to keep than a stuff animal. Like for example, at Skate America in 2014, when I went to see Jason skate, I made him purple socks. They barely made it onto the ice though. Lol. My throw is SO bad.

You could knit a Yuzuru skating outfit and put it on a Pooh. That would be pretty damn cute! Someone did a D10 Costume copy bear that he seemed to like, made a joke about feeling bad about changing his belt. I think a hand knitted version of Yuzuru's costume on a Pooh bear would be really cute.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are certain priorities that aren't being considered about GP selection which are:

1. Host picks come FIRST
2. Taking into consideration host picks which may limit choice to some extent, the #1 seed in each discipline gets first pick of two events. #2 seed picks next, and #3 gets what's left

For example, Russia picks Liza T for CoR, US picks Ashley W for SA, Japan picks Satoko M for NHK. Liza can choose SA, SC, CoC or TEB as her second event, but not NHK. Let's say she picks TEB. Satoko then can't pick CoR or TEB as her second event, so she picks CoC. Elena R then gets SA and SC because that is what is left.

The 4th, 5th and 6th seeds are chosen by the hosts in the next round.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
You could knit a Yuzuru skating outfit and put it on a Pooh. That would be pretty damn cute! Someone did a D10 Costume copy bear that he seemed to like, made a joke about feeling bad about changing his belt. I think a hand knitted version of Yuzuru's costume on a Pooh bear would be really cute.

Yuzuru already has the whole set ;) His fans give him a bear with each of his costume every season, even one of his EX costumes. I think it dates back to like....2011 :laugh: Maybe have a bear....wearing a Pooh bear costume :eek: inception

Why yes. Yes I will. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Do skaters get to choose which events they go to? How does that work

See chuck m's post below:

There are certain priorities that aren't being considered about GP selection which are:

1. Host picks come FIRST
2. Taking into consideration host picks which may limit choice to some extent, the #1 seed in each discipline gets first pick of two events. #2 seed picks next, and #3 gets what's left

For example, Russia picks Liza T for CoR, US picks Ashley W for SA, Japan picks Satoko M for NHK. Liza can choose SA, SC, CoC or TEB as her second event, but not NHK. Let's say she picks TEB. Satoko then can't pick CoR or TEB as her second event, so she picks CoC. Elena R then gets SA and SC because that is what is left.

The 4th, 5th and 6th seeds are chosen by the hosts in the next round.

mysticice

Rinkside
My guess for the top 3 men:

Fernandez gets to choose first, so he'll take TEB (close to Spain and he wanted it last year but didn't get it) and SA (close to Toronto, he's won SC already and Worlds 2016 are in Boston)

Hanyu takes NHK (no option here) and I'm guessing SC (close to Toronto and if Chan'll be there it's good practise for him like in 2013)

Ten is left with CoC (which I think he wants) and CoR (because nobody wants it unless you are a Russian).

LRK

Record Breaker
@Mrs P - Not to make a nuisance of myself, but Kiira is not Swedish - she's Finnish. (Really, my Finnish mother would probably have conniptions if anyone ever called her Swedish... ;))

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
@Mrs P - Not to make a nuisance of myself, but Kiira is not Swedish - she's Finnish. (Really, my Finnish mother would probably have conniptions if anyone ever called her Swedish... ;))

Actually TMC would too! Sorry it was a typo! :p I will change it. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
Actually TMC would too! Sorry it was a typo! :p I will change it. :)

Oh, I thought that was it - with all the info you wrote down (shakes head in admiration)... I can write a short sentence and have three typos in it.;)

noidont

Final Flight
I'm just thinking that CoR will very likely have I/Z and S/K together again. And probably Y/M for the third spot. Cool.