Great DVD's to rent | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Great DVD's to rent

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Just watched "Dreamgirls" last night. I am really surpried that Barry Gordy didn't find a way to sue on this. Jamie Foxx was playing Billy Dee Williams playing Barry Gordy, Beyonce was channeling Miss Ross, and they even had the part where Martha Reves was picked as the secretary at Motown, I mean "Rainbow". Eddie Murphy was just fabulous in this...................he wuz robbed at the Oscars.

For a feel good movie watch "Love Actually" a top notch cast............Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, Laura Linney, Emma Thompson, Keira Knightly, Colin Firth, Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy, and Billy Bob Thornton. Scenes to watch for.............the pond scene, the Christmas concert, the bar scene, the Christmas shopping scene, and the coolest wedding.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
For a feel good movie watch "Love Actually" a top notch cast............Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson,
Isn't that interesting, Piel suggesting a movie with Liam?????;)

ITA, good movie.

"Hello, you must be Tony. I heard that you were gorgeous.":laugh:

Tony wasn't Liams name in the movie though;)

Binky30

Rinkside
After reading a couple of reviews, I've decided that Georgia Rule isn't for me, either. I didn't realize how much, uh, adult activity took place in that film! I'll leave it at that. LOL

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Movies in theaters I want to see
Delta Farce
Shrek
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN: AT WORLDS END
No Reservation

and I think that's all for the moment lol

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Woke up this morning with "Spanglish" on my mind. I think I was collecting "Sea glass in my dream or something.:laugh:

flying camel

Medalist
I really would like to see that movie Waitress with Kerrie Russel, but it was not playing near me. It was only in limited release. So, maybe it will be everywhere later.

Last edited:

Kara Bear

Final Flight
We rented Catch and Release and The Holiday this weekend. Both were not that great. :disagree:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah C&R didn't do anything for me either...

anyone go and see Shrek over the weekend? how'd you like it?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just watched the TV movie of Million Dollar Baby and I thought it was great. I have a question for anyone who saw it. Why was the father and daughter estranged?? It never said in the movie and I wondered if that part got cut. Morgen Freeman is the best!!

Dee

dutchherder

Final Flight
Mrs. Henderson Presents w/Judi Dench is the best-- unless nudity is a problem for you. ;)

The World's Fastest Indian is a great movie that both guys and girls can love. It has Anthony Hopkins in it.

I was surprised by how much I liked Marie Antoinette. Sean: I have a feeling you'd love the music in it.

Speaking of music, if you've never seen Swing Kids, do! Also, if you're a music AND Ewan McGregor lover like I am, see Brassed Off!

A Fish Called Wanda is simply the funniest film I've ever seen. Some other funny ones: Groundhog Day and Grumpy Old Men.

Driving Miss Daisy is a great all-around film. Morgan Freeman is excellent in it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
dutch - how much sex/language/other negative content - is in brassed off? Ewan plays my instrument (baritone) but I don't have any idea if I'd be able to handle the film... love him but most of his movies are too much for me.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
We rented Catch and Release :disagree:
I agree it stunk, well I think it stunk. Great views of Boulder, my home town and recognized every scene in Boulder - even the Train tacks they walked down. And their use of Keller Hall - a CU campus landmark, for a meeting with their lawyer... everything threw me off. There are no law offices behind the Sink - interesting note about the Sink, it was Robert Redford's job to be the janitor service to the restaurant while he attended CU. They also have unbelievably good pizza there. Oh the little bratt, yep there are tons of crappie parents coming here but that little twerp attitude that kid had just bugged me too much.

Anyhoo, the movie does not truly give a "realistic" view of life in Boulder, but it is really close. I thought the director, director of photography, editor and the screen play sucked bad. But their location choice was a good one. The movie also seemed to be entirely done in iMovie.

Don't waist your time with this movie. Unless you are curious about SeaniBu's home town and some of the reasons the town has been constantly growing with an influx of transplants from all over the world.

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
... Marie Antoinette. Sean: I have a feeling you'd love the music in it.
Sorry I just Caught this as I was pondering why the father did become estranged with his daughter in Million Dollar Baby - I think it was a association aspect to leave that really vague, also can't "judge" the characters prior decision just what he does after the movie picks up the "timeline."

Anyhoo, yes I love or had loved (but still like) every song on that soundtrack - Marie Antoinette. Side note I met Annabella Lwin when I was 13 and I had a big red mohawlk. I had a crush on her for years after.

btw, A Fish Called Wanda:agree::bow::bow: That is a must see if not seen. And I agree that Russian is a more sexy language than French:agree:

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just watched the TV movie of Million Dollar Baby and I thought it was great. I have a question for anyone who saw it. Why was the father and daughter estranged?? It never said in the movie and I wondered if that part got cut. Morgen Freeman is the best!!
Dee
Anybody know???

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Anybody know???

My guess is not good enough for you:p

:laugh: J/K it was kind of hidden.
I was pondering why the father did become estranged with his daughter in Million Dollar Baby - I think it was a association aspect to leave that really vague, also can't "judge" the characters prior decision just what he does after the movie picks up the "timeline."

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tonichelle anyone go and see Shrek over the weekend? how'd you like it?[/QUOTE said:
We saw Shrek the Third today, and really liked it. There were lots of adult jokes and musical references that probably went over kids' heads. I love that Julie Andrews was in it as the queen again (a relatively small part, but she's great). :clap: :agree:

Driving Miss Daisy is a compelling film. We have it on video. I'd love to convert it to DVD.

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My husband just rented:

Venus (Peter O'toole movie this year he was nominated for an Oscar)
The Good German (another new movie out this past year)
Apocaypso (About the Myan people - pretty gory!!)

We also saw:

The Queen (Pretty much about the Lady Di account, not really so much about her Majesty).

I also want to see:

Iwo Jima and
Flags of Of our Fathers - both Clint Eastwood films.