Have I made a rookie mistake? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Have I made a rookie mistake?

LokiPoki

Rinkside
I love my chorus as well but took out the original insoles and wear arch supports in them, which work well...
Yup. I took out the pathetic Edea insole thing in my right boot and put another one in there with more arch support. My right arch is painful for maybe 10 mins or so, then it goes the more I move around.

suristea

Rinkside
I have exactly the same set as you. 255 Chorus with Coronation Ace (lite) blades. I do however feel a stinging/pins and needles pain in my toes and an ache at the top of my foot. Have you or anyone else experienced that with your boots?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have exactly the same set as you. 255 Chorus with Coronation Ace (lite) blades. I do however feel a stinging/pins and needles pain in my toes and an ache at the top of my foot. Have you or anyone else experienced that with your boots?
Toebox and/or tongue isn't right for your foot

LokiPoki

Rinkside

I tend to get more arch pain than anything else, and only in my right foot, which seems to be the one that pronates more than the left. Once I warm up though, it tends to go away and usually doesn't bother me.

I do get some pins and needles in the balls of my feet after I take them off, which I put down to my cold feet and/or lacing too tightly which I still sometimes do.

I don't get any stinging, so I hope you can sort that out.

I actually get major issues with the little thread bit on my stockings, near my little toe and big toe. If that gets stuck in the wrong place, it really bothers me and I have to reposition the stocking so it's lying flat and doesn't dig into me. I haven't found a pair of stockings that don't have that as yet.

suristea

Rinkside
I tend to get more arch pain than anything else, and only in my right foot, which seems to be the one that pronates more than the left. Once I warm up though, it tends to go away and usually doesn't bother me.

I do get some pins and needles in the balls of my feet after I take them off, which I put down to my cold feet and/or lacing too tightly which I still sometimes do.

I don't get any stinging, so I hope you can sort that out.

I actually get major issues with the little thread bit on my stockings, near my little toe and big toe. If that gets stuck in the wrong place, it really bothers me and I have to reposition the stocking so it's lying flat and doesn't dig into me. I haven't found a pair of stockings that don't have that as yet.
I haven't skated in them yet, just wearing them while at home to get more comfortable atm. I'm going to be skating tomorrow so we'll see if that pain progresses anywhere or if it's just because I'm not doing anything.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you! Is there anything I can do to stop it apart from buying new skates because I literally just bought these ones 😭
I'd normally say heat and stretch by pro tech; but these are edeas so @tstop4me have any suggestions?

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'd normally say heat and stretch by pro tech; but these are edeas so @tstop4me have any suggestions?
You're correct. But Edeas aren't baked in an oven. They are stretched while being spot heated with a hot-air gun. So you need to find a tech well-experienced in heat-molding Edeas specifically.

suristea

Rinkside
You're correct. But Edeas aren't baked in an oven. They are stretched while being spot heated with a hot-air gun. So you need to find a tech well-experienced in heat-molding Edeas specifically.
I think I know someone who can do that for me, thanks for the advice

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, this is what I meant LOL but brain wasn't working this morning!