Help pick a boot for 9 yo daughter | Golden Skate

Help pick a boot for 9 yo daughter

lishaana

Spectator
Daughter is 9 yo, 53 lbs. LTS level pre freestyle. Also on beginner synchro team. Has been skating on beginner recreational skates Lake placid Cascade LP204G(she was given these as a gift). Obviously, she needs an upgrade. What is the most cost effective skate she can use short term as her foot is growing fast and I can’t afford to spend $300 on a skate that may only last her 6 months. I’ve already checked with our rink for used skate options. Not sure if I can trust a used skate on Ebay. Any reputable resources to get used skates? Would Jackson Mystiques be too soft for LTS Prefreestyle and possibly Freestyle 1? She wears a size 1.5-2 youth.

Thanks!

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Only because your daughter is so small and still growing, I think it is okay to get her skates from Jackson's Ascend Series (which the Mystique is part of), ordinarily by the time they start jumping, you want something with a Fusion boot (which has a much sturdier/safer sole and heel, the Ascend Series boots have a plain plastic sole and heel - a bigger skater wearing those would wind up tearing the sole away from the boot after a while, doing jumps).

However I would recommend you get her Artistes instead of Mystiques. Artistes have a (slightly) better blade, the Mark IV, it's still just a beginner skill blade (which could potentially hold her back on some skills), but it's better than the Mark II blade on the Mystique which is strictly recreational.

lishaana

Spectator
Only because your daughter is so small and still growing, I think it is okay to get her skates from Jackson's Ascend Series (which the Mystique is part of), ordinarily by the time they start jumping, you want something with a Fusion boot (which has a much sturdier/safer sole and heel, the Ascend Series boots have a plain plastic sole and heel - a bigger skater wearing those would wind up tearing the sole away from the boot after a while, doing jumps).

However I would recommend you get her Artistes instead of Mystiques. Artistes have a (slightly) better blade, the Mark IV, it's still just a beginner skill blade (which could potentially hold her back on some skills), but it's better than the Mark II blade on the Mystique which is strictly recreational.
Thank you,
I’ll look into the Artiste.