How did our Canadian Pairs do? | Golden Skate

How did our Canadian Pairs do?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have not heard anything about our pairs teams. Who was at Skate Canada?

Saundy

On the Ice
We had Marcoux and Buntin, Wakamatsu and Fecteau, and Langlois and Hay at Skate Canada.

Wakamatsu and Fecteau didn't have the best skates. I've seen them alot better. They almost looked tired or something. Too bad...I really like them.

Langlois and Hay looked extremely good for a pair that's only been skating together a short time. She's so tiny in person too. I couldn't believe it! They skated strong, still a few things to work on, but a nice placement for their first competition.

Marcoux and Buntin also didn't skate as well as they could have. They pulled off a medal, but I've seen them do better. Their program was nice for the most part, but nothing stood out. The exhibition was really good though. Even my boyfriend enjoyed it! :laugh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Frankly, I far preferred Langlois & Hay, despite a few new-team roughnesses, to M&B, whom I thought looked super slow, and the lift was particularly unimpressive. Some of the footwork was good, but they couldn't get the speed up yet--I'm sure that later in the year, they will look much better in that respect.

The first 2 positions of the spin were very very nice, but it went downhill after that. It's must be really hard to do all those position, leg and edge changes and still keep unison.

Marcous and Buntin are the better of the two but they don't really mesh and much of their tricks look unfinished. Langois and Hay look good for the time they've been together.

I preferred the two Canadian teams at Skate America who showed promise of being really special. Both teams got standing ovations.

Joe