How long for a lady to break SP with 80? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

How long for a lady to break SP with 80?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Even if you got the best PCS (40 is the highest possible, but probably 37 or 38 is realistically the highest a skater would actually get), you would need 42-43 on TES. If you took Yuna's SP last year in Sochi and gave her L4 on the elements she got L3 on, her BV would be around 32.3 which is about as high as you could get without a 3A (or 3Lz-3Lo). So if a skater got 37 in PCS, had a 32 BV, she would still need around 11 points in GOE to get to 80 with Yuna's layout. I don't think any woman has ever gotten that much GOE in a SP; Adelina, who got a massive +GOE for her SP elements, didn't even get 9.
So 3A or 4T is the most realistic scenario. :cheer:
Either Mao come back, or any top lady in the future with a 3A or a quad!!
If PCS is not enough then both 3A and 4T please! :biggrin:

Icey

Record Breaker
The Ladies need to bring on the quad. Not a single one since Ando did her's when she was around 16, years ago.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Ladies need to bring on the quad. Not a single one since Ando did her's when she was around 16, years ago.

She did it in 2002.

Like I said earlier, I think it's silly that ladies skaters will think that after perfecting a 3Lz and combos with 3Lz that they're done learning jumps. No! They're not! It's been proven thanks to Ando that females can do quads, but it has to take hard work from skating and conditioning to be capable of doing it because from my understanding, during puberty, the center of gravity for females is in the thighs and the mens is in the abdomen area so lots of leg exercise can make it possible.

So yes!!!!! When another ladies skater does a quad in an international competition, I'll be bouncing for JOY!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
If twice world champions Mao Asada couldn't do it in Japan with probably one of the best SPs ever with a 3A, I don't think we will see one anytime soon.

Krunchii

Record Breaker

Honestly looking back on that video I'm not sure if Ando landed that exact same jump today she would get it ratified, I looked at where her toe pick lands and I'm not really sure they'd give it to her

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Honestly looking back on that video I'm not sure if Ando landed that exact same jump today she would get it ratified, I looked at where her toe pick lands and I'm not really sure they'd give it to her

Still you got to admit that it's impressive that a ladies skater did a quad.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
The reason I pull for Liza is because:
- Can do both lutz and flip with no problem
- No UR problems
- One of the few skaters with good axel technique
- One of the few skaters known to land triple axels, and is still practicing the jump
- Generally gets good GOE/PCS

...all of which enables her, in theory, to do the ultimate SP (3A, 3Lz-3T, 3F). Of course it's unlikely--I don't know if I even want her to, considering how she's struggled with injuries. But if we must speculate, I have few other options.

(The other option is, of course, Adelina or comebacking Mao with 3A, 3F-3Lo, and 3S)

Long term prospects might go to one of the Japanese girls since it's become a tradition for them. But it's possible they'll get an axel, but be plagued with the same UR/edge/inconsistency problems that happened to Mao.

Still you got to admit that it's impressive that a ladies skater did a quad.
It's impressive, but under the rules it could be worth less than a fall. :slink: I think that's why Miki didn't attempt it regularly afterwards.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Oh that would be a serious task lol. Without the adjustments Yuna's TEB and OWG BV are technically the highest to date.

So we're going down the rabbit hole.

I'm not "presumptuous"--I'm not presuming at all, given that I saw the actual performances? What do you mean she wasn't rewarded? Her GOE wasn't high enough to satisfy you? I know Mao has always had a beautiful air position but her jumps were never spectacular in height, length or flow (major features in quality). And quality is measured by GOEs regardless of the base value--ie. it doesn't matter how "generic" the 3Lz 3T and/or how rare a triple-axel combo is. That difficulty reflected in it's base value. Not to undermine the significance of Mao's 3A acheivements but it did not mean she was technically superior to Yuna in competition. Kim's 3 3 already has a greater base value than Asada's 3 2. Yuna's 3Lz 3T in Vancouver was better than most of them men. Mao's 3A 3T--however pretty she did it--was considerably weaker than the men landing the 3A combos. When compared across the single's discipline (as is necessary!), their respective GOEs were fair.

A little part of me suspects this entire conversation is going to go over your head, as it seems you think one jump is equal to another regardless of quality.

Yuna's 3Lz-3T better than most men ROTFL. She does that combination straight out of 100 crossovers and a long glide that takes a thousand years. Let her do 3Lz-3T straight out of choreography then we'll talk

adelia

Record Breaker
Well, Liza didn't just have 3A a few years ago, she was also landing 3A-3T in practice. So there is some hope that perhaps in the not too distant future, she might regain at least 3A.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Yuna's 3Lz-3T better than most men ROTFL. She does that combination straight out of 100 crossovers and a long glide that takes a thousand years. Let her do 3Lz-3T straight out of choreography then we'll talk

It's actually only 7 crossovers and 2.5 seconds of gliding ;) You might want to learn how to count first

Last edited:

begin

Medalist

The "in Vancouver" part is pretty key, and I say most men to actually mean a majority (y'know, like all the skaters in the first 3-4 groups). Choreo and transitions were more scarce back then, not to mention that the men were so busy packing their programs with content that the quality of their elements were still catching up.

fairly4

Medalist
Miki Ando got credit for the quad even though not fully rotated. they gave her credit today possible ur if not downgraded. --sorry

vilandra

Rinkside
It took 4 years to break Yuna's record (close to 80) by only 0.16. I don't think we will see a lady surpassing 80-point SP mark anytime soon. And I truly believe the only woman who could do it right now is Mao Asada.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
It took 4 years to break Yuna's record (close to 80) by only 0.16. I don't think we will see a lady surpassing 80-point SP mark anytime soon. And I truly believe the only woman who could do it right now is Mao Asada.

ITA :yes:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

I think you're right. Here's how a strong SP could look, score-wise, based on some of the best performed elements in Sochi:

3Z-3T - 11.7 (10.10 (Yuna's combo BV) + 1.6 (Adelina's combo GOE) for mostly +2 and a few +3)
3F - 6.7 (5.3 (Yuna's BV) + 1.4 (Carolina's solo jump GOE) for mostly +2's)
2A in bonus - 4.7 (Yuna's 2A)
L4 Steps - 5.4 (Adelina's)
3 L4 Spins - 13.26 (Julia's Team SP)

That is a TES score of 41.76. A skater would then need 38.24 in PCS; neither Yuna nor Caro surpassed 37 in Sochi. So with this layout, performing the elements beautifully and having the best PCS won't get a skater to 80. She must have the 3A.