Ice Dance Predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance Predictions

I go with Medusa's take of 'fake' and 'not fake'.

I just do not get the Shpilband teams as being emotionally invoved in the music be it sweet or exciting. Those teams do as they are told, but the zillions of faithful fans he produces through his choreo is astounding.

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
Well I guess I'm one of the few Belbin/Agosto fans here...They've had a rough time pretty much ever since the last Olympics. Last year should have been their year but that costly mistake in the CD... :frown: Now I really hope they're skating as well as they've said in recent interviews, but I've learned not to get my hopes up too much. Nevertheless, I hope they prove me wrong.

I really like Davis/White's FD this year. Good for them to win Nationals and 4CC, I hope they do really well at Worlds. Overall I like this team, but I'll remain loyal to B/A as long as they're competing. Same thing for Virtue/Moir. They had a fantastic season last year and their FD last year was to die for. The injury is a pity but hopefully they've recovered/improved more since 4CC.

Wow. I really agree with your post. I am also with you in the minority as a Belbin/Agusto fan. :rock: And as long as they compete I'll be cheering for them. I am so hoping this is their Worlds. But I also like Virtue/Moir, so I would be thrilled if either of them win--but having a tie gold medal will work too.:agree: Ok, I know that will never happen, but I can dream.

Michelle'sFan

greengal5874

Rinkside
I am a fan of Belbin/Agosto, also. I actually think that this will finally be their worlds- finishing off the podium last year, and now re-proving themselves after having to withdraw from competitions has lit a fire under their *ss, if you know what I mean.:rock:
I think that they will go BIG or go
I like a lot of teams right now, but I do think that K/N while sort of fun to watch are all over the place and a bit too much.

My dream predic would be-

1- Belbin/Agosto
2-D/W
3-Domina/Shabilin
:thumbsup:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
For every competition D/W have entered they've either placed 1st or 3rd, so I'm predicting either a gold or bronze for them.

skatingbc

Final Flight
For every competition D/W have entered they've either placed 1st or 3rd, so I'm predicting either a gold or bronze for them.

I think a bronze is more realistic for them at this point in time. For gold, they would have to skate lights out during the whole competition and others would have to make mistakes as well.

They only won 4CC by a small margin over V/M who had a couple obvious mistakes. V/M were nowhere near their normal standard at 4CC. I think that V/M have more room to improve than D/W do, in terms of their free dance. Unless V/M have a meltdown, I'm pretty sure they will top D/W next week.

alithia

Final Flight
I don't know it's a very tight field.

I don't know if I like K/N or not, sometimes I do sometimes I don't, but they're in good shape this season. I like V/M, although I generally like Russian dance teams, I like D/S but what shape are they really in..Hope they're ok.
From the US teams, D/W I love their program this season, I like them as a team as well.I think that's gonna be the top four more or less

Big Deal

Final Flight
There are no clear favourites in Ice dance today.
In the pre-olympic years judges used to secure the Russian Olympic Gold in the previous years if it was possible (the only exception was in 1991, when the Duscehsnays got their only gold v.s Klimova-Ponomarenko). The most annoying was the way how they treated Denkova-Staviyski to show how far they are from Navka-Kostomarov before the Olympic Games and than they deservedly won their World title right aftre the game in 2006.....)
I'm interested to see that, the dominace did changed in the ISU or not!!!
International judges seemed to be ready to do the same to Domnina-Shabalin, but they couldn't really live with their chance until now. They still can produce a picture as a Champion Russian Pair, but their chance is less now. I personally find them arteficial, and somehow tasteless with their over-dramatic and at the same time slow skating. The "Barbie and Ken look" doesn't work anymore, I think, especially, when Barbie is not genuinly feminine enough when she moves (just my opinion and it is not about her lovely outfit).

Delobel-Schoenfelder proved to be a worthy Champion. It is too bad they cannot secure this "image" for next year. They had a real chance for that, especially after their magic performance at the GPF.

Kokhlova-Novitski with their style and look are not really "Champion-like" , classical Russians, that is why it is not sure, how the judges will react to this version. I like them. A bit better carriage and elegance is needed, but otherwise refreshing couple. A Kokhlova-White couple would be unbeatable.....

Virtue-Moir are "Champion -like" in their image , technique and style, but how they can perform now, it is a question mark. Still they reminds me to Torvill-Dean in many way, when they are perfect. At the 4CC they were not. They seemed to suffer somehow. I hope they can chill us again in the World. If it is a case, will be difficult to beat them.

Davis/White looks like real Champions now, but it is a bit late. Can the judges really believe in their eyes during this short time? I think, they are great, and I couldn't think that my opinion will be like that even in last year...

Belbin/Agosto already had 3 chances to go to the top (2006 after-olympic World, 2007, and 2008). Even with some support they got, they couldn't grow up to be real Champions. Last year they has been closed to it. The first part of their CD said, they are the sure Champions, but than..... They have also a slight chance, but it is not "automatic" anymore for them. Maybe if they were a bit more natural and less arteficial.

Kerrs are retaining fantastic entertainers and original, but their technique keeps them behind those previously mentioned pairs.

Faiella-Scali became better since Scali's image changed to a more manly one. Even with that I'm waiting for their retirement to open the door as a No1 Italian to the (I think) fantastic Capellini-Lanotte. I think, this pair will be the creme-de-la-creme with V/M and D/W in the close future. They are already so good, worth to get medal anywhere, but this sport makes them waiting.... Unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Deal

Final Flight
I find more humour in White's style than in Moir's.:laugh:

What about a Faiella-Shabalin one? :))))

Last edited by a moderator:

npa

Match Penalty
I find more humour in White's style than in Moir's.:laugh:

What about a Faiella-Shabalin one? :))))

No.... I like more Scalli-Khohlova (againe :laugh:) Shabalin-Rubleva - one counthry, she is not so tall. And Oxana with Roman :biggrin:
Sometime its good to be short - you can dance with any patner :)

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
[D/W] only won 4CC by a small margin over V/M who had a couple obvious mistakes. V/M were nowhere near their normal standard at 4CC. I think that V/M have more room to improve than D/W do, in terms of their free dance. Unless V/M have a meltdown, I'm pretty sure they will top D/W next week.

Good point. I guess the question I wonder is where will B/A end up compared to both teams? We'll find out next week. I can't wait!!!! :clap:

Michelle'sFan

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope B&A skate beautifully in LA!

It was nice of the judge doing their monitoring session to come back and compliment their improvement over last year, as well.