Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Ice Dance's OD - Sunday 21st 7:15pm EST

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
And from the ridiculous and embarrassing to the sublime. Really, Davis/White rocked the house. Absolutely brilliant. Fast, complicated, NO 2 FOOT SKATING, difficult holds, and really well-researched presentation. Totally deserve first. Should be WAY further ahead than Dom/Shab.

loop9497

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Good, good! D/W - I enjoy that program. At first it's decent to me, but as they get further in the program, it builds in intensity and is very strong near the end.

Alatariel

On the Ice
On another note - what on earth are they wearing?!!! Orange and red never, ever go together! Hello!

missysays

On the Ice
That was the cleanest I've seen them skate that OD all season!!

Great job and great score!!

Go D/W!!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I think what you hear is actually "cu chisti pacch’nmane", that means sort of "with this package in your hand" in napoletano (the dialect spoken in Neaples).
It does sound similar, actually almost the same, but it doesn't reference the American song, just a funny bit of omophony.

Thank you so much for your explanation, caelicola! :) I was hoping it was something like that, because what I heard just did not make sense to me. The melody of that section (just one or two lines) sounded just like the melody of the American pop song I named. Now I am thinking that perhaps the person who wrote the American song, unconsciously remembered an Italian folk melody they had heard. Thanks again. :)

ARipp42014

Medalist
Big improvement from Euros for Nat & Fab. Also tough to skate after Merlie! :)

Back to Merlie.... WHOOOPPPP! :rock: :rock: :rock: