Ice Wars | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ice Wars

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I blame the dancers. During the 94-98 pro boom, I watched many a dance comp with interest. Why? Because there were a lot of interesting couples at that time doing great routines. Now? Blech: no one has been able to capitolize on the interest T&D, D&D, K&P & U&Z brought to the sport. Now it's just Pasha skating by herself in the backyard.

SkateSand

Rinkside
There should be two more pro competitions coming up for this season in addition to Ice Wars - World Team Challenge in Winnipeg in Canada on December 10th, and the Hallmark Skaters' Championship in the U.S., which will probably be scheduled for mid to late December. There should be more info on Hallmark in late August if it's going to happen this season. I suspect you will see pairs in both of these pro events as they are IMG productions, and IMG would have obvious reasons to promote pairs. I don't think Ice Wars is an IMG production, but I'm not 100% sure.

Laurie

skatingfan5

On the Ice
Ice Wars only exists because of TV

Yazmeen said:
The Ice Wars lineup is definitely worth watching. This will be televised, won't it?
Ice Wars has been a fixture on CBS for the past decade -- the event wouldn't take place if it wasn't going to be broadcast. You can take it to the bank. :D