Iconic jump combination | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Iconic jump combination

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Then why do you impose your ideal of 6.0 era to how the current GOE should be judged? They're more than 20 years apart. The ideal of beauty and technique don't stay the same just after several years, let alone 20 years.

I beg to differ, frankly these are quite entertaining:
https://youtu.be/t_LIhHGAOdI?t=2m39s

I find that early Butyrskaya's program oddly entertaining in some way. I mean it's so cheesy and tacky that it renders it for its main appeal, that gaudy pink costume, bizarre choreography ending on split combined with that trashy, dated music :laugh: Maybe it's charm of Maria that does wonders. The exact opposite of predominant nowadays serious programs with refined movements, sometimes too serious to the point of being overblown ones.

Kira Ivanova though :drama: This is an utter nightmare. That perm, dress and that program - screams 80s from a Moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2uNj9JXIKs&feature=youtu.be&t=2m37s

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Time to put in a holy thread revival batman.

I was watching some baby Joshua programs today, and I noticed something.

Spreadeagle-double Axel-spreadeagle, at fourteen years old. (And it was only two weeks after his fourteenth birthday, too.)

KARNE!!!! I absolutely can't tell you how excited I am to see this performance again. I have looked all over youtube to find it and I will save it forever. Thank you so much for posting this clip. :thank:

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I've always wanted to see a spreadeagle-2Axel-spreadagle-2Axel-spreadeagle sequence in competition. I practiced that sometimes back in the day and it's even worth including in programs for the points, but alas. Nobody has done it.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Yes, like that! Doing it with Triple Axels is a whole other thing, though. Yuzuru is crazy talented with his ability to do that jump from nowhere. Too bad it's not worth the points for competition. It really should be.